“Great Barbecue in Franklin”
Review of Willy's Bar-B-Que

Willy's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #9 of 97 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: 828-524-0414 phone #.
Description: 828-524-0414 phone #.
Reviewed 9 July 2016

We were in Franklin for a week at the end of June with a group of friends. A friend had recommended Willys from their visit to the area last year. The restaurant did not disappoint. The food was very good. Our server was great and made some good recommendations. The price was so reasonable for the amount of food you get.

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

My group of seven ate here based on the reviews from Trip Advisor. While the staff was very friendly and did their jobs well, the food was just ok, not bad, just not what we expected based on the reviews.

We ordered the pork BBQ plate with sides of fries, cole slaw, loaded potato salad, and squash puppies. I don't know why they are called squash puppies because they contain no discernable squash. They're just hush puppies. As I said, the food was just ok. My seven year old nephew ordered the kid's grilled cheese. It arrived barely toasted. He didn't eat it because it "tasted funny. "

If service meant more than taste (and sometimes it does), then definitely eat here. If you're looking for more authentic BBQ, go elsewhere.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

We had gone to a local mine to check it out which I will tell you about in another review. The best thing that we got there was the recommendation to try Willy's Bar-B-Que. This is the best restaurant with the friendliest staff that (if I understood our waitress) is owned & run by a family as well as some wonderful staff that they have hired. This isn't just a BBQ place. The steak just melts in your mouth (it is a deal for the price as well). We had quite a few of the items on the menu and the only thing that disappointed was the cold slaw. Now you may like it. I'm personally very picky about my cold slaw. You really need to try the squash bites...they are really good. And I must say we where impressed with the onion appetizer they have. Oh and for you guys with the BIG appetites the combo's are a great price for all the food you get. For most you could order that and split it with someone else. The best thing I can say it YOU JUST GOT TO TRY THEM!! Oh and Enjoy!!

Reviewed 31 May 2016

cat fish fillets were great-need to try the squash puppies for something different than hushpuppies!

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Great food and friendly staff. If you want hot bbq sauce though be sure to ask for it. They have mild and hot hot. The mild was pretty hot but delicious.