“Thought I was in Haiti. (After the quake)”
Review of Four Oaks Lodging

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Four Oaks
Four Oaks Lodging
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Four Oaks
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Driving back from Florida, it got late and I got tired so I decided to find the nearest hotel. Found this place using an app on my smartphone. This place looks like it was built in the 40's and absolutely no maintenance or repairs were done to the building or lot since the day it opened. It has to be the worst hotel I have stayed at in my life. If I was with my wife, she would not have stayed. All the furniture and furnishings were mismatched, worn and stained. I slept in the bed with my cloths on and did not use the blankets or sheets. I really don't wish to be mean, but this place was as bad as they come.

Room Tip: Keep driving
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank JhonB
FourOaksLodging, Owner at Four Oaks Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2011

We are very sorry for your bad experience. This room was the last to be renovated this year. Unfortunately that does not change the way the room was during your stay. The Chair that you took a picture of, was the property of the Guest in the next room. And was only there one day. We strive to have the cleanest rooms possible and we have a current sanitation score from the state of North Carolina Health Department 100. Many fixtures have been replaced this year and we are continuing to improve our image and hope that our customers have a great experience with us.

Reviewed 15 November 2007

I chose this motel after reading all the rave reviews online, and had difficulty finding it in the dark. Needless to say, all the single-bed rooms for $21 were gone, and I found out the price jumps another $11 for two beds. The rooms, clean and attractive, are wired for free DSL, but wifi is offered at an additional charge. Breakfast is coffee & Danish. Bikers were sitting outside their rooms, there was a shower but no tub, I had to ask for bath towels, the driveway was gravel, and the ice machine had no ice during our stay. If you get the $21 single-bed room, this place is a good deal....but if not, I'd prefer the Royal Inn in Selma with heated pool and spa for $1 more.

• Stayed: October 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4oaksrvresort, owner at Four Oaks Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2009

we are a small motel with only a limited number of rooms with one bed. We purchased the property in 2006. We have been doing some major renovations since our purchase. The fee for Wi-Fi was discontinued and Wi-Fi is now offered free. The price of a single room is for only 2 peaple and the guest had four peaple. After seeing this posting we called to verify pricing and found a $15 difference in pricing on the room with one bed and almost double the price for a room with two beds. During the time of this guest's stay we were under a mandatory water conservation order by the Governor. Our Ice machine was turned off and we were supplying guest with ice from our office. Our rooms are set up for two persons which is why a customer would need more towels if they have more than two people. When a customer checks in they are told about this and ask them if more towels are needed to let us know. This is done to help keep our prices lower than our competition.

Reviewed 29 October 2007

We booked this lodging based on other reviews and couldn't believe the price. We should have realized that you get what you pay for, and we should have paid more for another place. Although the owners were friendly, the room was a disaster. Carpet and upholstery were badly stained, there were no hangars or even a place to hang clothes, and there was no kleenix or other amenities. The mattress was very uncomfortable. The room needed a complete updating, and the front door needed to be much more solid and secure. Because we had traveled a long distance and it was late when we arrived, instead of seeking out another place to stay, we rested for two hours and then left.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank FloridaBoater
4oaksrvresort, Owner at Four Oaks Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2009

After purchasing the property in 2006. We have been doing extensive renovations to the rooms. We have health rating of 98 which is from state inspectors that come around and do extensive inspections. We have taken pride in our property to ensure absolute cleanliness. Every room has a garment rack with hangers in each room. Our Single rooms were the last to be renovated and our $20 rooms are a basic room with only a few amenities. This is done to give the true traveler one of the best prices on I-95. Our rooms with two beds have all the bells and whistles that I am sure would have pleased this customer.

Been to Four Oaks Lodging? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK