We were looking for something new to do on New Years Eve... Found Fontana Village here on trip advisor and decided to give it a try...
We called New Years Eve morning to see if anything was left available.. To our suprise there was! Not the best of rooms but on last minute it was nice. We got a Garden (non-pool facing). It was clean and quant not overly nice but not a hole in the wall. They offer smoking and non-smoking rooms, due to the last minute reservations we (smokers) were placed in a non-smoking room, no big... We visited the lodge to check in and it looked to be very nice, decorated to the extent that it should have been but not to much. Rooms attached to the lodge seemed to be the preferred choice for return guest...
We got the New Years Eve Party Package - 250ish for a one night stay at the room, dinner at the lodge restaurant for two, two passes to the party/fireworks show, and breakfast at the lodge the next morning... Not to bad but not a great deal either!
The Party - It was what seemed to be semi-formal but with no dress code. Cash bar was in place, we arrived early and started to get drinks, ($6 shots of Scotch / $6 glasses of wine) the glasses of wine were servered in a very small plastic wine glass souvenir glass and the scotch was servered in a throw away plastic water cooler glass???
It was decorated with taste and as couples started to arrive we noticed that it was a family safe party with anyone (including persons under 21) allowed in the door. We have a 4 year old little girl and our as family as they come, our little one was with a family member some 2 hours away. But to drink in the presents of 3- 13 year olds mingling along beside you on New Years was less than desirable....
The Resort - Thumbs up (except NO AT&T Verizon cell reception)
The Food - Buffet style and rather good
The Room - Middle of the road and very clean
The Party - Good but could have done without kids on New Years Eve
The Fireworks - Nicely Done Fontana Village!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fontana Village Resort, a year round destination resort, is set amidst the pristine beauty of the Nantahala Forest of western North Carolina, gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The Village has a wide range of accommodations, including rooms in the intimate settings of The Lodge, suites, cabins in the forest, as well as RV & tent camping on Cheoah Lake. Add conference space, complimentary wi-fi service, restaurants and lounges, General Store, gift shops, outfitters, pools, marina, fitness center, mountain bike shop, miles of on-site trails suitable for biking and hiking, and it's easy to see why Fontana is a Great Smoky Mountain Destination. The resort offers an assortment of dining options including the Mountview Restaurant and the Wildwood Grill offering resort-casual dining and event catering. The Pitstop offers a fast fare menu for guests or travelers on the go. If watersports are on your itinerary during your stay, the Fontana Marina, located on the beautiful 30 mile long Fontana Lake, has an assortment of different watercraft rentals and equipment available. The Marina's ship store offers a complete line of tackle, light groceries and snacks and anything else guests might need for a perfect day on the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Fontana Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontana Village Hotel Fontana Dam
- Fontana Village Fontana Dam