“Bad experience”

Econo Lodge Airport
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Reviewed 22 October 2009

I wonder what motel the other people are reviewing. I ended up checking out early and moving up the street to another hotel.

When I first arrived I was given room 101. I immediately smelled a strong musty odor mixed with cigarette smoke. I switched to another room on the second floor which did not smell as bad. The day clerk seemed like he was more interested in getting back to surfing the web rather than accomodating a customer.

The sign outside the hotel advertised three HBO channels but the guide only showed one. And on the first night, that was not even working (which may not have been the hotel's fauit).

The Internet service worked fine until 9:00 the first night and did not work again the next two days I was there. Management said they just switched providers and were having problems. Ok, I can understand that.

On my third and final night, I noticed grey streaky stains on the sheets and pillows that were not there previously. I went to switch to the other bed and found the same marks (in the unused bed) as well as two small gray bugs in the bed (not bed bugs; not sure what they were). Well, at this point it was late at night and I was pretty grossed out.

I went down to check out and they said they would give me their best room instead (room 206). So off I went and I moved my stuff to the new room. When I turned down the new bed, there was a large yellow stain in the niddle of the sheets (eewww) as well as several other smaller stains of various colors on pillows and sheet. Tired, I grabbed a towel and was just going to cover the stain and go to bed, but the towel was stained as well. Note also that the new room had numerous large stains on the floor and chair and burn marks on the furniture.

The only bright note was the service of the night clerk who was apologetic, accomodating and did not charge me for the last night.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Airport

Reviewed 18 July 2009

We loved the pool area. We had visited UNCA and had time to sit by this pool. The pool area is in the middle of the rooms and has nice table and comfortable chairs. The room was really nice too. The only thing we didn't like was that the air conditioner had a funny smell. My husband thinks they needed to change the filters.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2008

Great Hotel, very clean, quite. Great location next to shopping and restaurants. Would stay again

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 1 June 2007

This place was very nice. It's close to everything. The room's wonderful, even if it doesn't have very good cable. The shower was quick to get hot, the beds were comfortable. It was everything you could want from a motel. When I first got there, I immediately stripped to my swimsuit and got in the relaxing pool. And from then on, that's all I wore at the motel, except for occasionally wearing just shorts. I even looked through brochures and had the nice breakfast in my swimsuit. There were some others who did that too. It's a nice relaxing atmosphere. I sat out by the pool a lot, that was fun. It's a great motel.

Stayed: May 2007