“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Fletcher
Corpus Christi, TX
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2008

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Asheville Airport the last week of February, 2008, and it was a very pleasant experience. My husband & I are between the ages of 60 & 70, and were in Asheville making arrangements to have a retirement home built on property we had purchased the previous summer. The car rental agency was in the hotel lobby & the airport shuttle service was readily available. The driver was extremely courteous, even when having to make a second trip to the airport to help me find a piece of luggage I left at the baggage area. We spent 5 nights and the room was always made up & very clean when we would get back from our morning excursions. The buffet breakfast, including omelets made to order, was a cut above the typical hotel fare. By being a member of Holiday Inns Priority Club, the buffet was 25% off, which made the total cost for 2 about $20.00. There is a shopping center about 1/2 mile away, making it very convenient for picking up groceries, electronic supplies & just about anything you might need. The only draw back to the hotel location, is that the restaurants are on the opposite site of a major highway, which is the only place to get something to eat late at night. So if you have a late flight (as we did) take snacks, or eat where ever you have a layover. If you request it at check in, the hotel will place a small refrigerator in your room (if available) at no extra charge. This is very handy if spending more than a couple of days.

• Liked — Convenience to airport & major highways
  • Disliked — No restaurants easily accesssible
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
TN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2008

My husband and children stayed in this hotel in early December. I chose not to make the trip. On Friday, December 28th, I left TN for Asheville. (My children race motorcross, so we visit Asheville frequently) Everything was fine when we checked in. The room was clean...or I thought. They all went down for breakfast, while I was getting ready for a day of shopping. I decide to have some coffee, so I get the lid off the coffee pot, fill it with water, and pour the water into the maker. I put my lid back on the pot and turn around, only to notice a syringe floating in the water!!! Of course, the lid was off the needle and was floating along with it. I complained to laundry, which was right outside my room. They came and got the coffee maker and returned with another one. At this point, furious, I called the front desk, only to receive NOTHING but an apology....Well, I contacted my husband, told him the story, kind of calmed down, and went back to make some coffee in my new coffee maker. I, of course, checked to make sure I wouldn't have anything floating in the water, and pulled out the pot. Well, needless to say, it wasn't meant for me to have coffee that morning. The new maker had a pot that had not been washed...evidence of dried coffee in the bottom of the pot. Unfortunately, we had to stay that same night, and when I contacted the customer service manager on duty that night....same thing as before...an apology...no discount off the room, nothing.....You decide.....could've been just a fluke experience...maybe not....but when we checked in that night, it was to the same room we had that morning....and they did have a clean coffee pot....JUST NO WASH CLOTHS OR TOWELS!!!

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The nasty room
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
rcash17, General Manager at Clarion Inn Airport, responded to this review, 30 January 2008
This review is a false review. If you really found a needle in your coffee pot would you really pay for the room and stay again another night? Our rooms have clean coffee pots, and as a standard always have towels and wash clothes. As you read other reviews on our hotel you can see people do enjoy our hotel and that it is clean. Our current guest service scores are at a 97%.
Ridgewood, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2007

We were sent to this hotel, along with other passengers from a canceled evening flight from Asheville to EWR.

We have no complaints about the accommodation. The room was surprisingly nice - fresh and clean, with comfortable bed, and a large, completely functional bathroom. There were even a handful of tasty mints in the room, and these came in handy. Read on ...

My husband and I were among the first passengers to reach the hotel, arriving at 9:35 pm. Getting to the hotel was very slow. A single 7-person van was very long in reaching the airport and, then, had to keep cycling back and forth between the airport and the hotel. The driver took a long route, claiming that traffic from the state fair was clogging the road. (However, we could plainly see the highway, and there was virtually no traffic.) Check in a the front desk was slow as the lone attendant was constantly answering phone calls while trying to accommodate the stranded travelers.

Having been told by the front desk that the hotel's lobby restaurant closed at 10 pm, we dropped our bags in our first floor room and were headed to the restaurant by 9:45. In the hallway we met other passengers who alerted us that the restaurant had decided to close early - probably to avoid dealing with the people from the canceled flight! Never mind that all of us would have been there much earlier but for the inefficient transportation and check-in, surprising in an airport hotel.

Since the hotel is separated from ALL other restaurants and services by a highway and a chain link fence, and without any pedestrian access, the early closure left a lot of disgruntled people going hungry. We did appreciate the mints.

• Liked — clean, comfortable room
  • Disliked — lack of service
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kiawahvilla
London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2007

My wife and I stayed for a week in Aug 2007 while on a two week visit from our home in UK. This was my first visit to the US in 26 years, a chance to catch up on friends and memories from when I was considerably younger. Having read some of the views on this website, I was just a little concerned. But our introduction (after 24 hours non-stop travel) was fantastic. Pick up at airport was quick. Check in easy. Room just what to expect. Service, throughout the week, especially in restaurant, was outstanding. Check out at 5.00am was made very smooth. I have experienced much worse - even within the ICGroup Chain. I simply dont understand how people who have written the other views could have recieved such bad service. This was everything I would expect from an airport based Holiday Inn - and actually better than I have 'suffered' at reputedly better hotels in the UK. This was just the introduction to the US that I had come to know and love over a quarter of a century ago that I wanted my wife to have. I would recommend this to any user - so long as you don't want bells on everything.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank vhappytourist
key west
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2007

My husband and I have stayed at some of the most impressive hotels in the world, we are no strangers to travelling. However, we made the mistake of booking at this hotel (glorified motel) twice, simply for the convenient location. Our first experience was during the evacuation from hurricane Wilma (we were already quite stressed as one can imagine), we had called ahead, made a reservation as they allowed pets and we had our cats with us. Check in was rudimentary, the staff seemingly too busy visiting with each other to take care of their customers (others were also waiting), and when we were finally taken care of, we were rather brusquely sent on our way. No bellhops here, or perhaps they were off duty...I will say the room was clean and quiet and no smells (as it was designated a "pet room"), but luckily, as my husband was checking his banking online, he noticed a double charge from the hotel's front desk posted just minutes before....(we paid cash for this room), this was not a charge such as one usually posted for a deposit or room service charges, but a full room charge, twice. My husband and I went immediately to the front desk and requested to speak to the manager on duty, who pulled up our invoice and questioned the girl who took our cash payment for the room. She stated (in front of us) as she pulled the cash from her pocket "Oh, I just didn't post it yet". Sound a little fishy? I hope she was fired. No apologies, though the manager did straighten the billing out. I think our opinion would have been much better had this not happened, which leads me to our second reservation (giving them the benefit of the doubt) was made as a matter of convenience and proximity to the airport, as we needed to pick up a rental car from the airport upon our arrival, was made this past February. Due to our connecting flight from Atlanta being cancelled (another nightmare in itself) we had to spend the night in Atlanta. The airline sent us to a Holiday Inn there, where we immediately called to cancel our reservation at the Asheville H.I.. We were told this was absolutely not possible and we would be charged for the room. I understand corporate policies, but I feel in an instance like this some consideration should be taken. The person we spoke to was incredibly rude and stated if we didn't like it we could call the corporate office, but she was still charging us (wonder if it was the same girl who took our cash)...The concierge at the Holiday Inn in Atlanta overheard our conversation and was so upset he contacted the same woman, received the same story, and HE called the corporate office, explaining our situation, and that we were, indeed stranded in Atlanta that evening. Our charge was erased. That man is an angel in my book. I feel the place in Asheville would be fine if you don't want a luxury hotel and the indifferent staff doesn't bother you. Caveat Emptor: watch your wallet, don't pay cash, and don't book in advance. I'd never go there again.

• Liked — location is convenient to the airport.
  • Disliked — the incredibly rude and dishonest staff.
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank flakeysrn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fletcher
0.2 km away
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
#2 of 11 in Hendersonville
11.7 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville at Asheville Outlet Mall, NC

Been to Clarion Inn Airport? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK