Comfort Inn Asheville Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanstayed heresausagea pet friendly hotelwaffleswalking distancewaffle ironeat nearbyreception areashort stayother hotelsag centerbiscuitscatch an early flightexpensive hotelhotel breakfastovernight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I arrived to meet my family for a 4 night stay and then to Tennesse for a week. I have stayed at this exact hotel many times for the past few years without incident. In fact, I have come to enjoy comfort inn/suites hotels very much and rarely stay anywhere else. On this visit after my first night, I noticed there were bed bugs the second night in the same bed which I slept the first night. I don't usually complain and would never have if I hadn't been treated so incredibily bad upon inquiring why I was overcharged an additional night. I arrived on August 5th for an explanation of charged but the clerk (Ashley) was not able to explain them. She was too concerned with explaining we had 3 rooms but failed to understand i only stayed 2 nights and should only be charged the other 2 rooms for 1 night and should be charged accordingly. Even though I was not able to sleep that evening, I still expected to pay for the other 2 rooms for one night but certainly not the 2 nights I slept with bed bugs.
I was trying not to put the hotel on blast when other arrivals showed up for check-in until Ashley became combative and inappropriate. Ashley felt it necessary to call the cops as she felt threated by me. Get this, the cops actually had to ask her to stay out of our conversation as she tried to demand all of us off the property. Although, they were unable to allow me a billing statment of the charges from Ashley, they did suggest I pursue a civil suite. All I wanted was correct billing and credited my nights stay.
Stay at your own risk people!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank katss7
Reviewed 7 June 2011

we originally booked at the Clarion across the street but that hotel was so nasty we couldn't stay there. We were glad to find this hotel with rooms just a tad bit higher but serving free breakfast and most importantly it was CLEAN.
We would stay there again for sure.
(the bed was a little firm for my liking but I can handle that)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank IMIUBU
Reviewed 18 December 2010

Booked in for one night for husband had an early flight out of AVL and ended up staying a second night due to weather (icy roads prevented me from getting back up to our mountain home). We had our large, elderly German Shepherd, and this was an excellent facility for a dog. Room 101 was not only ground level but right beside the door to the (closed) pool enabling access in & out the back way to our vehicle and dog-suitable areas. All blanketed in ice and snow, but still plenty to sniff at.

Front desk personnel, especially in the mornings, were all friendly and efficient, and the one morning I partook of the breakfast it was absolutely fine: bagels, waffles and biscuit fixings as well as the usual cereals and pastries.

The room itself was comfortable and very quiet; the motel is sufficiently off Hwy 280 for traffic noise not to be an issue. Internet good with easy access to power points at the desk, and a comfortable easy chair and ottoman. The motel is next door to a 24hr drive-through McDonalds (excellent), Ruby Tuesdays (mediocre), and a host of other food and shopping options. (Carryout combo gyro platter from Acropolis was cheap & substantial).

This was a good, utilitarian place to park my and my dog's head for a couple of nights; a cut above most dog-friendly establishments in the price range and met all needs for somebody doing business while stranded on the road.

One interesting quirk: when booking online the establishment clearly stated that reservations made by residents within 25 miles would not be honored. We are farther than that (just) but I used our overseas residence & CC info to avoid any issue. Did not raise the question with management but am interested in their reasoning. If it's to avoid gaining a reputation for, uh, nefarious activities, I think there is little fear of that as there are some nearby properties that may fit the bill ...

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank NikauTrampr
Reviewed 23 October 2009

Clean, comfortable, and very typical of Comfort Inn. Polite and welcoming staff. Easy access to interstate. What's not to love?

Restaurants in the immediate vicinity inlcude Carabbas, Chili's, Lone Star, Ruby Tuesday's, Cracker Barrell, McDonald's, Arby's, I-HOP, Little Ceasar's, Sonic, J & S Cafeteria, Moe's, plus several dozen locally owned and operated establishments. Excellent locally owned Thai restaurant within 1/4 mile. Check out "The Kounty Line" 100 yds from the hotel for homemade bisquits, superb chili/slaw cheeseburgers, and handdipped ice cream. Hotel is 1/2 mi from Walmart. Hotel is 1/4 mile from Target, Marshall's, Best Buy, Old Navy, Rack Room and many other big box retailers.

Hope this helps...

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Warren234
Reviewed 17 May 2008

Clean above average hotel for pet parents. Not over run with dogs but we did see a couple others. Hotel and rooms were clean and we were not treated like second class citizens just because we had our pet along. Hotel was peaceful at night. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family