“Really good food and really good customer service.”

Kobe Japanese Steak & Sushi
Ranked #391 of 568 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2015

So love this place!!!! The owner is a really sweet Korean lady and she's so very friendly and concerned with how your meal is and if her staff are taking care of you. Her and her staff are wonderful. The food is ALWAYS good.

1  Thank Maria-Danielle B

Reviewed 19 September 2015 via mobile

Best buffet sushi I've ever had and the Korean meats were delicious! The setting could be more contemporary, but it is clean and quiet. I have gone four times now and the chef always asks what my favorite fish is and he makes it. This is a hidden gem.

1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed 29 August 2015

Well I wanted to try the food at this restaurant for the first time since it's near me. I saw their menu online at FayToGo and decided to just order the food since I wanted to try sushi for the second time in my life. I ordered take out and requested 8 pieces of crazy roll, rice and some clear soup. When I got home I smelled this horrible smell coming from the container. It was the combination of the salmon, eel and some nasty green sauce. The smell honestly threw me off. When I tasted my sushi it was nasty sonI threw it away. I then tasted the rice and it was nasty and very dry. The clear soup was also nasty. I am glad that I went and bought some other food elsewhere for backup. Unfortunately, I spent $15 on food that was nasty. Never again.

1  Thank chantalchisholm
Reviewed 8 June 2015

Overall: 2 People eating sushi buffet on a Saturday around 12:30pm. Total for two with tip is ~$35.

Pros: Easy seating. Service. Sushi was of decent quality. Quickly seated. Pleasant staff. Beverage and buffet cost is quite reasonable.

Cons: Sticky table (wondering if this was residue from cleaner). Toilets in ladies room do not flush (this was, for me, a very big issue). Appears to be water damage. Decor is lacking. Perhaps a fresh coat of paint could be applied and some inexpensive art work? Non-sushi items were lacking, very greasy.

Tips:
Korean bar-b-que must be purchased in pairs so an individual cannot receive.
Green tea is very, very weak. Comes in a pot with a single tea bag so let it steep a while.
Non sushi items were soup, lo mein, one chicken entree, one meat entree, tempura veggies, rice, and a veggie entree.
Banana dish and one other dessert offered on buffet.

Note: Personally I would not return. Non-flushing toilet pretty much is a big deal for me since replacing a toilet cost is generally low and it's a sanitary issue.

3  Thank MeInFL
Reviewed 19 May 2015 via mobile

We loved Kobe in Alaska so wanted to give it a shot here. Our server was pretty miserable and didn't smile once. We also had empty drinks for quite a while.
The chef at our table however was great. They do the same "cookie cutter" tricks as the other stores but it was still fun to watch and the food was as good as always. Lots left over.