“Closed after many years”
Review of Sherefe

Sherefe
Ranked #6 of 577 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Price range: US$ 18 - US$ 36
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sherefe (pronounced "shedefay") means "Cheers!" In Turkish. Owning a restaurant was a dream for owner/chef, Mustafa Somar, for many years. In 2003, the dream became a reality, when he opened Sherefe Mediterranean Grill on Ramsey Street. After 10 years, we relocated to a much larger and more beautiful location in historic downtown Fayetteville, North Carolina where we now boast a two story building, four dining rooms, and a full bar! Along with the location, the vision has also evolved...Mediterranean Grill was all about authenticity and while we remain authentic, our focus has become fresh, healthy, local and sustainable. While we don't cater to any particular dietary plan, the Mediterranean diet is a natural fit for gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan and even paleo as demonstrated at our cooking classes.
Reviewed 9 September 2018

One of the best restaurants in Fayetteville has closed. The owner is putting his efforts into a new restaurant in a shopping area. This one will be missed.

1  Thank NewTarheel

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Driving from DC to Orlando with my mini Aussie and I was being pummeled with acraving for hummus. Sherefe delivered! The pitas were warm and comforting, they have dog-friendly patio seating, and even though it was a very slow Tuesday afternoon I was well looked after. My side of Brussels were tender and nicely seasoned and my Greek wrap seriously hit the spot. Also (and this might just be because I’ve lived in big cities) the prices for portions seemed totally reasonable and they’ve got SICK (good sick) lunch and dinner specials

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Was in the mode for some good italian food. And they do have great food. I was craving some hummus and there's is awesome served with some pieces of peta on the side. That is mouth watering.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We went on a Friday night at 18:00, and were surprised it wasn't busy.

I selected the Montepulciano wine which was good. Then we elected the Mediterranean Plate for appetizer, also good.

Then the waitress cleared the plate on which the appetizer was served without clearing the plates we used to eat that dish. I was gobsmacked.

She then assured us that our main courses would be with us soon. That was again not what I expected, because one doesn't come to a restaurant like this to eat and run.

Then when the waitress served our main courses, I had to ask her to clear our old plates! Then to add insult to injury, she asked if I wanted to keep the knives, but we had made it obvious that we did not. Finally, I had to ask for knives so we could eat our main course.

When I had finished my main course, but my colleagues had not, our waitress brought the desert menu. I sent her away.

As for the food, the moussaka and lamb shank were excellent (10 out of 10), but the kebabs were very dry (5 out of 10).

We had the following desserts, with their eating out of 10: Baklava (8); Chocolate torte (7); Greek cheesecake (5).

The atmosphere started out pleasant and quiet, but by the end of our meal the room was full of boisterous groups that made it hard to hold a reasonable conversation.

It's a good restaurant, with good food, but we sensed that our waitress was more accustomed to serving fast food than quality food slowly.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I absolutely love this place. It is a great date night restaurant for couples, however it is also a great place to meet your friends for a bite to eat and a cocktail.