“Very quick and tasty”

Hunan Garden
Ranked #96 of 536 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 23 May 2017

I eat here at least a couple of times a month. The service is good, the food is always good and the price is not bad either. I love the crispy noodles they always serve before your food comes and they are wonderful in my egg drop soup. The sweet and sour chicken is one of my favorites-always fresh and the Moo Goo Gai Pan is my other go to choice.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Clean dining room with attentive polite staff the chicken is yummy. Lots of choices to choose from I like there fresh to cook bar

Reviewed 12 December 2016

Whereas I gave this restaurant a 3.5 stars it’s only because my husband and daughter enjoyed the sesame chicken so much. I thought that the fried rice was tolerable, nothing spectacular, but I’ve had worse. My “jumbo” shrimp and chicken was a Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde type of thing. It had a wonderfully tasty brown sauce but there were some inconsistencies. The first being that the dish was described to me as something completely different than what was brought to the table. And unfortunately the menu has no type of descriptions for the food, so you have to rely on the servers who are in a perpetual state of rush, except for when they’re bringing your food to the table. It took close to 45 minutes to get our main course. No way should that be the case for Chinese food. I must say, though, that the food came to the table super hot. At least my jumbo shrimp and chicken did. That was because they had to rush that portion of the order out. The initial plate of food that they brought me wasn’t even the food I’d ordered. They brought General Tso’s Chicken instead of the Jumbo Shrimp and Chicken that I ordered, which was strange, because I’d ordered by the numbers on the menu. And he still brought me the wrong food. This after a 45 minute wait too. As I was asking how long it would take to get the RIGHT food to me, another server came by and said he couldn’t say. I’m like you can’t say?! Why not? Dude clearly took the order wrong, which isn’t my fault. Why would I need to wait another 30-45 minutes for my food? He said it was up to the cooks because they’re making several to go orders. Wrong answer dude! You don’t tell me that YOU made a mistake with my food, and then tell me I have to sit here and wait because other people at home are hungry. Nope. Wasn’t going to work. He finally said he’d do what he could do. Then he showed up 6 minutes later with my correct plate of food. In the end he was very helpful and apologetic about the whole situation.

Again, the food was good and hot, but wasn’t what I was told I was ordering. The server said it was a fried dish, and the shrimp similar to the jumbo fried shrimp appetizer. No. No it was not. It was sautéed shrimp and chicken. Totally different than fried. Plus the shrimp appetizer was breaded. This wasn’t. Again, the brown sauce was very tasty. The shrimp was good also. It just wasn’t jumbo or fried. The chicken on the other hand was fried 8 times and extremely hard. They reminded me of burnt tips that you get from a good bbq place. Only those things are at least edible. I couldn’t chew through the chicken in this dish. I ate the shrimp, which were fairly plentiful, and left the rest.

That was one of two dishes they brought wrong to the table. The other one was supposed to be chicken lettuce wraps, but they bright veggie tofu lettuce wraps. My daughter ate ¼ of them before I asked her to try some and I realized there was tofu in it. They took that back also.

The vegetable egg rolls were subpar. Nothing special. Not as greasy as most, but not very flavorful either.

My daughter did enjoy the virgin Pina Colada though. It comes in a cute Hawaiian type mug.

The restaurant actually looks like a whole in the wall and if I were home (suburbs of DC) I wouldn’t have given it a second thought, but in slim pickins Fayetteville, we had to take what we could get or starve.

Reviewed 29 October 2016

The pu pu platter was very good. The staff was very pleasant and attentive. The prices were high and I probably would have went somewhere else. Lunch would be a better time to go.

Reviewed 11 October 2016 via mobile

Out looking good food Sunday after Hurricane Matthew breezed through leaving our area w/o power & major flooding all around...plus many areas had no water. Everybody but Bojangles & K&W was closed. Noticed cars at Hunan. Sure enough they had just got power on a couple hours prior & were hustling food as fast as possible. The line was out the door. Excellent service. Ordered Assorted Seafood to go. Was ready very quickly...considering the # of people there. The food was excellent. The staff was great. Great variety on the menu. Dine in or take out.