“Buisness Trip”

Americas Best Value Inn- Edenton
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Edenton
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Room was clean, comfortable. Had to change rooms due to broken A/C unit. Desk clerk told me that I was not operating the unit correctly. Property needs upgrading. Rooms look to have been recently painted but fixtures were old and some did not work.

Room Tip: Ok for the price and closeness to downtown.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MAHENDRA P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Edenton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Dear 703williamdb,

On behalf of the staff and management, I would like to personally thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Your feedback helps us to determine which areas we are doing well and which areas we can improve. I apologize for the a/c unit not working in your room. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our locations across the Country.

Regards,

Marica-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Edenton, NC

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Bathtub not clean nor face bowl towels not clean sheets didn't fit bed had to keep attaching all night. Asked to have bathroom cleaned front desk clerk said no maids until 10 am the time I was to check out This is older hotel needs lots of updating

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank arnitha
MAHENDRA P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Edenton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Dear arnitha,

I am very sorry to hear of the housekeeping issues you experienced while a guest at our hotel. Our goal is to provide affordable, clean, comfortable rooms. Unfortunately, we fell short during your stay. We appreciate your feedback and will immediately address your concerns with our staff. If there is anything that I can do please give me a call at your earliest convenience.

Best Regards,

Marica B.
Manager - ABVI Edenton, NC

Reviewed 6 December 2016

Viewed earlier bad reviews with some trepidation. Our upstairs room was clean and well maintained. No bugs (we looked, hard), no dirt and no mold/mildew evidence/smells.

The TV system was new and required a short course in how to use by the competent front desk person. Wireless service is good.

Complementary breakfast is typical: fruit, cereal, yogurt for cold; biscuits&gravy, toaster waffles and toast for hot.

Efficient heat/AC only runs fan when heating or cooling

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank BaudLD
MAHENDRA P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Edenton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2016

Dear BaudLD,

Thank you for taking a moment to leave feedback. We greatly appreciate your comments and are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will visit with us again on your next trip to Edenton, NC.

Marica B
Front Desk Manager
Americas Best Value Inn - Edenton, NC

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

My family and i were driving during Tropical storm Julia (NC ---> NY) and due to the weather conditions and flooding we had no choice but to stop and stay here.

When i walked into the lobby i knew right then that it wasnt going to be like the comfort suites i just left but i saw their 9.1 health inspection rating and figured for one night id have to trust it.
75.00 for one night (keep in mind my beautiful clean comfort suites room with a clean pool and gym was 99.00/ night) .

Went into the room and was greated by the smell of mold . Just a wet musky stench. I took my son to the bathroom and as he sat on the potty i turned and there are HAIRS in the shower bugs on the floor a redish stain on the towel drapped over the tub and the wall of the shower had an odd brown drip pattern down it.
So showering wasnt an option nor were bare feet. Also dust covered each inch of the fridge and blinds.

Bed time - pulled down the sheets for my son to hop in . Oily stains bloched the sheets. Instinctively I checked the matress for bugs after everything i had witness with in 15 min of being there. We all slept on the top comforter . My skin crawled all night . I slept for maybe 2 hours .

Breakfast - Now i just want to throw it out there that i work for a resort and i am the manager of the continental breakfast. I cook everything fresh and make sure each guests expectations are beyond met. . That being said ... Though they bost a good breakfast . I was met with watered down coffee hard muffins defrosted pancakes and eggo waffles and sausage gravy left out to get cold and turn in a bowl..

Check out - I couldnt wait to get out of there . I told the manager about everything she apologized and said she didnt know the rooms were that bad. I wasnt overly pleased that she doesnt take the time to make sure the employees are doing there jobs properly.

In conclusion save your money !!!! Sleep in your car anything but staying here.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank taliarai93
MAHENDRA P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Edenton, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2016

Dear taliarai93,

I would like to apologize for any discomfort you may have experienced while a guest at our hotel. I assure you that your concerns are our concerns. We will definitely look into the issues you mentioned and properly address it with our housekeeping staff. Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

Best Regards,
Marica - Manager
Americas Best Value Inn - Edenton

Reviewed 25 July 2016

Our first room was a disaster - spiders on the ceiling and bugs in the bed - YUCK! The second room was better at least as far as no bugs on the ceiling or bed. The tub-shower was so nasty that we didn't use it. The door didn't seal on the side or bottom. Although we had a non-smoking room we had to walk through clouds of smoke to get to it. All in all it was beyond horrible.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone ever!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 1148chm
MAHENDRA P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Edenton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Dear 1148chm,

On behalf of the staff and management, I would like to personally apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced with us. We do our best to provide clean rooms at affordable prices. Unfortunately, we fell short of our goal. Please call me at your earliest convenience so that we can amicably resolve the matter.

Regards,
Marica-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Edenton, NC

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edenton
0.2 km away
#4 of 8 in Edenton
Inner Banks Inn
Inner Banks Inn
#2 of 8 in Edenton

Been to Americas Best Value Inn- Edenton? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK