“OMG!”

Americas Best Value Inn- Edenton
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Edenton
Reviewed 30 November 2015

The customer service is outstanding! But the hotel is itself is insane!

People fighting all times of the night! My sister killed a roach ten minutes after we walked in the room. We would have ranm but all the other hotels close by were booked. As great as the staff is, Please avoid this hotel if you are looking for a good nights rest. Day time hours may be better.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the far end and on the upper level
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Stephanie H
MAHENDRA P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Edenton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2015

Dear Stephanie H.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that the staff was kind and professional to you and your sister and I appreciate you taking the time to state that in your comments. I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced while a guest at our hotel. We assure you that it is not often that there is a disturbance to the degree that you had to endure. We would have been more than happy to address the guests had you given us the opportunity during your stay as we want all our guest to have a good nights rest. Please accept our apologies.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

We've stayed at this motel on our vacation trip for 20+ years, during which time it has changed ownership several times. It is not a modern chain motel. Instead, it is an older facility - built of red brick, with concrete steps that have been painted over many, many times. But the basics are intact of what I consider to be essential: A good, new mattress, a clean room, a safe environment, an attentive staff. Furniture in the room is older, but I don't care about that. Pool was working on this visit; under previous owners, it wasn't. This is a property that clearly doesn't bring in enough revenue for a complete makeover, and has instead focused on the basics. And it's $40 less than the Hampton Inn right across the street. So...

Room Tip: I don't think there's an elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KathleenSparta_nj

Hello KathleenSparta_nj,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our hotel. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to having you as a guest again in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2015

The service at this hotel was terrible!!! I reserved three days and the air condition did not work as the temp was over 90 degrees and the ice machine did not work. As I entered the room no extra toilet paper was available , only small amount left on the roll. I called the front desk and requested an additional roll and staff advised to come and get it a roll, but when I came they handed me a open box of KLEENEX!!! Really. Unsatisfactory! The chain lock on the door was not secure as I opened the door the whole chain fell off on the ground! Very Unsafe!!! No housekeeping on the property on date 19, towels were left on the floor and no bed made or clean towels.
They promoted continental breakfast, but when I went to get breakfast after 9 am they stated breakfast was over!
Front desk staff never made me aware of the check in, check out or breakfast guest times upon arrival.
Upon check out, the front desk asked if I wanted a receipt!
I would not recommend anyone stay at this HOTEL, this was not up to federal standards and unsanitary and safe.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Tedra S

Good Afternoon Tedra S,

I am sorry that you feel that your needs were not adequately met as a guest at our hotel. I appreciate your recommendations and I will certainly address your concerns with our staff. All of our guests are extremely important to us and we are sorry that you experienced such discomfort while at our hotel. Please accept our apologies. We hope that you will give us another chance to change your impression of our hotel.

Reviewed 21 July 2015

I was very disappointed in this hotel. I did not expect the Ritz, but a clean bathroom and toilet are not too much to ask. The toilet had pink mold the was not scoured out in a 4 day stay. One day our room was not tidied. I always left housekeeping a tip to thank, as well as, hoping to encourage to do better.The pool was only open until 8:00, and we were told we would need to be out by then. The next night when we returned from the movies at 9:20 there were others still at the pool.The staff were friendly. The Continental was very lacking so we ate elsewhere. This was supposed to be AAA approved so we thought it would be okay. I would never stay again.

Stayed: July 2015
6  Thank Karen R
Reviewed 6 June 2015 via mobile

This place is dirty. Everything is dingy and in a state of disrepair. The room smelled with the overwhelming scent of pool chemicals. Our toilet was in a state of disrepair. My wife went to the office to notify them and she was handed a plunger and told "have at it." I went back to the office to inform them that I am not a plumber nor do I have any intent on fixing their plumbing. Staff came to the room to check the issue and also found the toilet not working. When the owner arrived she attempted to blame it on us that we were using too much paper. Yet it would take 5 flushes to get 1 piece of paper to go down. This might be acceptable place in a third world country but not in Edenton, NC. I can only strongly recommend camping rather than staying here.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
6  Thank Chefrobon
MAHENDRA P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn- Edenton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2015

Dear Chefrobon,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a review with us. I am concerned about the issues you had mentioned in your review. We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to address the issues with our staff. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our locations across the Country.

Regards,
Marica-Front Desk Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Edenton, NC

Also consider these accommodations in or near Edenton
0.2 km away
#4 of 8 in Edenton
Inner Banks Inn
Inner Banks Inn
#2 of 8 in Edenton

Been to Americas Best Value Inn- Edenton? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK