“Disgusting”

Red Roof Inn Durham Triangle Park
Ranked #46 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 11 October 2016

This was probably the worse hotel I've ever stayed in. There were people smoking everywhere... The rooms were filthy including both the bed linens and the covers.. There was mold in the room and the bathrooms were dirty. This was a hurricane evacuation but I still expected cleanliness..

There were people running up and down the hallways and trash from food overflowing in canisters. The staff were polite though. That was the best part.. Otherwise I would never recommend this at all.

Room Tip: Do not stay here ever!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
N T, Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Thank you for staying with us. I apologize for the way you feel the room was in and it is our goal to make sure you have a nice and enjoyable stay. I have passed along your comments to the housekeeping staff so this will not happen again. I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future so we can give you and every guest that stay with us deserve.

Reviewed 22 September 2016

I read some of these reviews before I booked this place. I wondered if I misbooked??? The only opinion I agree with is that the staff was very friendly. My room didn't have a microwave or refrigerator. The AC was very loud but at least it worked like a charm. There were stains on the bedding AND hair on one of the pillows. One wall had a hole in it. Outside, parking was tight and there was trash everywhere. I stayed but will not stay again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations during your Redroof Inn stay. We do hope you return in the near future so we can give you the full enjoyment that you deserve as our guest.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

I'm currently staying at Red Roof Inn in the Research Triangle Park in Durham, NC and my stay has been exceptional beginning with the superb customer service from all team members, including Steve. Steve has been so accommodating, happy to help every time I have asked. My room is very comfortable and clean. I definitely recommend staying at the Red Roof Inn if traveling to the area if you want great customer service, clean rooms, and affordable rates.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
N T, Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Thank-you for staying with us...We appreciate all feedback from our guests. It was our pleasure to serve you. I will pass along your great comments to my team and to corporate office.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

Stayed here while in town for a meeting at RTP. Was perfect for that. I was in a king, with extended work area. Had a fridge and a microwave, very clean. Perfect for an overnight for a meeting or for a quick stopover. The desk accommodated my needs and was a pleasant stay and easy drive to RTP!

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 21 May 2016

I thought "How bad can this be?". I should have turned around and gone to another hotel. We booked this because we needed to be near a place we needed to be the next morning. We found a big hole in the bed spread, crumbs on the floor, a well used thin rug near the bed, but otherwise bare floor. The bathroom was so tiny that I doubt a heavy person could get into it. The bed was lumpy with a very thin mattress and I had a poor sleep. It also smelled musty. If we had the time, I would have talked the manager about a credit or total refund. Not recommended except perhaps in desperation. I certainly would not go back.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
N T, Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2016

I am sorry that you had a bad experience while you were here at our Hotel. I was unaware of your concerns while you were here or I would have personally addressed them all. I still would like to discuss them with you and make it right. if you would kindly call me at (919)361-1950 at your earliest convenience I would greatly appreciate it. I am Sorry again for the inconvenience you experienced.