“Spectacular French”

Ranked #13 of 836 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 35
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Since 2006, Rue Cler has proudly served the community of downtown Durham. We bring the freshest southeastern ingredients to our diverse clientele, offering simple, classic preparations, in the style of a Parisian neighborhood restaurant. Our dinner menu is updated frequently, with a focus on seasonal, local products. We have an extensive, award-winning wine list, with selections from France and the US, including rare bottles. We gladly accept reservations, so give us a call today!
Reviewed 7 April 2018

In downtown Durham. Simple dining room and a great bar that you can eat at. The bartender was so friendly I didn't feel like I was eating alone. Nice selection on the menu and the prices were reasonable for such quality food. Nice selection of wines. I had Coq a Vin and it finished a close second to my wifes! that is a high bar!!!
Ill be back soon!!!

Reviewed 8 March 2018

We were in town for one night and dropped in for dinner. So glad we did! The beet appetizer was delicious and my salmon dish with green beans and roasted potatoes with Bernadine sauce was fabulous. My husband’s mussels hit the spot along with the very thin hot fries that w erred served with them. We plan to return!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Our small group had a very enjoyable dinner at Rue Cler. There is a small bar by the door where you can sit while waiting for your table or others in your party, which makes for a nice place to socialize before dinner. The service and food are excellent. Our group all ordered from the Prix Fixe portion of the menu, but the 3 options for each course still offered enough variety for our small group. The only downside was that some in our group felt the Creme Brulee was only average. Otherwise, all courses got high marks for flavor and presentation. Definitely a great place to revisit as the menu changes often.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Rue Cler is a favorite of ours in Durham. Laid back, charming atmosphere with great food, ample wine selection and excellent, knowledgeable service. The prix fixe menu is a good value and changes regularly. On our last visit, the butternut risotto was delicious, and my husband loved the lamb shank.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Rue Cler was the third restaraunt we tried for restaraunt Week and by far the best dinner we had. Kudos to our attentive server, Maria.

For starters I had the warm lentil and beet salad and my companion had the romaine salad with blue cheese and apple. Both were delicious.

For seconds my friend had the chicken liver pate ( not my favorite) and I got the Bayonne ham served with cheese crumbles and a few green and a splash of vinegarette. Maria got me some crostini’s to Go with it and it was excellent.

For our entree we both got the pot de feu, the beef was very tender and in a broth with pearl onions, carrots, gherkin pickles and potatoes. Reminded me of Sunday dinners at home (French Canadian).

1  Thank MikeedRN