“Best Burgers and Service in Town!”
Review of Burger Bach

Burger Bach
Ranked #9 of 855 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Gastropub
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went to Duke for a lacrosse prospect camp, and I asked where the best burgers were on our last day. Everyone recommended Burger Bach, and I will tell you that they were spot on! We had the Hangover Burger and the Aucklander. OMG amazing!! The mac and cheese side was to die for, and the fries with assorted dipping sauces were unbelievable! our waiter, Taylor, was phenomenal! Very attentive. Water was never empty, and even offered us sodas and water to go! I will definitely go back just to have those fries again!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We took our 16, 11 and 5 year old here for lunch. Everything we ordered was delicious. Server was patient and helpful. We all enjoyed our lunch.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

I ordered the Hangover burger. It was good. I ordered a sweet tea, but they never refilled it. I would come again. the food was good. i just wished the service was a little better. overall lots of choices to choose from.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Visited Durham the last weekend of September and found Burger Bach in what appears to be a shopping "center" on one side of what once might have been a "downtown, local" main street. The shops in this center appear to be upscale to the point of being pretentious, and so did Burger Bach. First of all, the food was VERY GOOD! My husband stated, "Wow, someone finally knows how to cook bacon" when he got his burger (it's uncured bacon). The theme is one of a New Zealand Gastropub with an interesting menu, but that's where our enjoyment ended. First off, we sat for a good 10 minutes unattended and had to go to the hostess to see if we actually had wait staff assigned to us as the staff just walked past us as if we weren't even there. We finally got a very nice waitress who did her best, but she was also servicing a table on the other side of the restaurant as well as the patio, so she was running all over the place....not her fault. The menu has dozens of local and craft beers, but none of them were drinkable for me (I drink light beer) despite our waitress being wonderful to bring me many samples. I settled on a local hard cider. Also, there were NO non-alcoholic beer offerings that immense beer menu, which is just inconsiderate of adults who want an adult beverage with no alcohol (lemonade just doesn't cut it). We enjoyed our burgers immensely, but the restaurant is designed in a metallic decor and was generally very loud...many tvs with sports games blaring which is to be expected in this atmosphere in a college town which was ok...high ceiling with the airducts visible for decor purposes, etc. ( Adding some photos.) But it was just NOISY. Then in the middle of our meal the sun made contact with the huge metal post to the left of our table and the reflection blinded me for the next 10 minutes....there was no way to remedy the situation...even put on poloraized Ray Bans we use on our fishing boat...NOPE...just got blasted until the sun moved. The waitress offered to move us...seemed at the moment this was the only table in the line of sight of the sun's reflection...but we were into our meal and didn't want that, so I just shielded my eyes with my hand and finally got up and went outside so my husband could retrieve the bill. I would have liked to have had a dessert but no way could I stay there. Perhaps if you were going in for a good burger, craft beer and sports game this would be the place. But we did not enjoy our visit. Oh, and we were panhandled in the parking lot by someone with a very sad story, which broke my heart but also irritated us. Obviously it is hard to say NO to someone who claims to be homeless when you are entering such an upscale group of stores. Overall, just not a good experience.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We went to Burger Bach last week for our first time. The place was crowded, with lots of students. Got a seat in the side of the restaurant, with a great view of the bar.
We started with a dozen oysters each for my wife and I. We ordered fries to share, with a couple sauces. I then ordered a big hamburger, with bacon and all the extras. My wife ordered the lamb burger and loved it, as I did my burger. She had a glass of wine and I had a house margarita, which were both very good.

Been to Burger Bach? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK