“Excellent food and imported spices, dates and grape leaves”

Mediterranean Grill & Grocery
Ranked #86 of 791 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 1 August 2017

We were house hunting in the neighborhood. I never knew such a fantastic deli and grocery was tucked away on Revere Rd. My husband ordered the spinach orzo salad and ate it all. He said he should have ordered one to go because he has been craving it for the last two weeks since our first visit. So we went back again on July 29 so he could get another spinach orzo salad and some more baba ganoush. They did not have the spinach orzo on the menu because they just served it on Thursday and Friday. I had the lamb/beef gyro which came with fries. The gyro was awesome. I have had some gyros that were not as tasty. My husband also got the tabouli and a philly cheese steak. It was fantastic. I really like the varieties of dates, teas, spices, cabbage and grape leaves in the store. You can get almost anything mediterranean that you want. I have to call them to see when the spinach orzo salad is on the menu for the restaurant again because my husband loves it. There are bar stools, tables inside and outside. The staff are very professional, polite and courteous. The atmosphere is clean, warm and welcoming. A great place to have an inexpensive lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Great local restaurant that serves authentic Mediterranean food. Food was fantastic and the owners are good people. Stop by if you're looking for some great food.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Looking for a local authentic hole in the wall experience. This one makes the list for sure! The Gyro's were great and sampling the different sides with the owner who was behind the counter made it feel very homey. It looks like a small international grocery store, once inside there is a small counter and kitchen where they prepare everything for you. The meal was excellent and sitting outside on the patio was very pleasant. Would definitely recommend this place

Reviewed 5 March 2017

I have eaten here a number of times. The people running the restaurant/grocery are very nice and are very pleasant. everything i ordered so far has been very good and the prices are nice as well.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

This restaurant is run by a nice family in Parkwood. My family and I always order lamb or chicken Gyros. The restaurant is pretty consistent as my parents only complained once and the issue was promptly addressed. You will spend about $8 or $9 on a gyro and fries but you are satisfied after eating. No need to drive for Mediterranean gyros, walk instead. :-)

Been to Mediterranean Grill & Grocery? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK