“Harrison”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 871 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is an American Restaurant and Steakhouse serving authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour at the FIREBAR® or on the patio for drink specials and bar bites. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Reserve Your Table with us today.
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Harrison was our server and was a very polite man with impeccable manners. He recommended the corn chowder and explained all the ingredients; it was Delicious. A cold glass with every beer and the tuna app was spot on. Good food, good service.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

The food, the ambiance, the friendly staff - this place has it all. I thoroughly enjoyed my shrimp salad - cannot remember the dressing but it was delicious. At the table, we also had a jump chicken sandwich, yummy sashimi tuna salad & salmon. Not cheap $120 + tip & we did not drink alcohol. Unfortunately our 1st choice was The Cheesecake Factory but it was an hour wait. So glad it was because Firebirds was the best choice.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner with group of friends & we were pleasantly surprised, the food quality was great, very good appetizers with decent portion that makes them good to share and the mains were cooked to perfection.
Well balanced menu with prices that are fair for the portion size the food quality served.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

I was looking for a romantic place to take my wife for dinner. Most of the other pricier restaurants I looked at served the kinds of food we don't eat. When you cannot pronounce the name of the food, you know it's too fancy! So, I choose Firebirds because their menu said they served steaks and baked potatoes...our favorite!

I like the fact that I was able to reserve a table online. The prices were fairly reasonable. All in all, we loved the restaurant and our food was very good! When both the atmosphere and food are great, it makes for a wonderful date night! We will eat here again.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Ordered a Filet Mignon, asked for it to be cooked medium rare. After a long wait, we received our bread and meals at the same time. Bread was clearly just warmed back up after being frozen. The steak was not cooked at all, it was RAW. The "filet" also had significant fat marbling which leads me to believe it was not even a filet cut. The waitress then wouldn't even remove the plates after we were finished, and probably because she was also smelling the ranky smelling raw "filet"

Date of visit: August 2018
Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Chance,

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent visit with us at our Durham location. I'm so disappointed to hear you did not experience the quality of food we aim to deliver to our guests. Your feedback is invaluable to us so I will be sharing your experience with our management team.

Thank you.