“Great Prime Rib, good service”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 855 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located in the Streets at Southpoint Mall near the AMC Souhtpoint 17 Cinemas. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Bar Bite specials Monday thru Friday 4PM - 6:30PM and Saturday & Sunday 11AM - 5PM at the FIREBAR(R) or on the patio. Enjoy hour hour drink specials all day Wednesday. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

The only other option was Ruth Chris. The food here was of the same quality at a much more reasonable price.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Awesome quality and flavor of food. The firebird chicken pasta was fabulous. My first time at this restaurant. Would absolutely go again.

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Was in the area for a video shoot and went to Firebirds for dinner with friends from Scotland. It's a nice spacious restaurant with a decent ambiance. A bit loud inside because of high ceilings and the booths are a bit tight for larger people because the tables are bolted to the floor.

The food was excellent and properly prepared with very good portions. There was a bit of a challenge getting peppercorn sauce for our steaks, but that could be that all of us had foreign accents and that we were not well understood by our server. He was most gracious, and everything was correct, although my starter salad came as the meal sized one. The server said no issues, their mistake, and I was charged for what I ordered. We went after 8pm and left by 9:15pm and by then there were few people left. I suspect that the restaurant is very busy at more traditional supper times. The staff were all friendly and I felt that the meal was a decent value for what we got. Both my friends were very pleased with their meal.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

My wife and I plan to eat at Firebirds three or four times a year, usually for a special occasion. This time it was my birthday, and we wanted to celebrate.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

Fine restaurant dining in a outdoor mall . Trees gated outdoor area with pleasant umbrelled tables. Menu was varied offering simple to sophisticated American fare. Food was excellent and presented with professional touches. Very delighted to hear a 5 star waiter properly present himself his restaurant and assist his diners. Ask for LARRY a rare treat at any establishment. A definite place to return over and over, do yourself a favor and add this to your list .

1  Thank richard s