“Great lunch selection and a good price performer”

El Dorado Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #232 of 855 Restaurants in Durham
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 14
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: El Dorado is an authentic Mexican Restaurant specializing in Mexican Cuisine open every day for lunch and dinner. Offering a cozy restaurant for family and a Cantina bar for the after work get togethers. Daily food and drink specials. El Dorado Mexican Restaurant a family owned business, knows the importance of keeping this vision thriving, this is why when visiting one of the 8 restaurants you will feel warmth and delight as you enjoy the most delicious Mexican food amongst family.
Reviewed 1 March 2017

El Dorado Mexican Restaurant has been at this location for at least twenty years. Its still the "Go-To" Mexican restaurant in the area for lunch or dinner.

I had not been back for about ten years and today at lunch it seemed as if I was there yesterday.

Same great menu, very good prices and quick service.

Today at lunch I had a combination of meat taco, chilli relleno, salad with guacamole and Mexican rice. Ready? $5.99 for the lot and you get a basked of taco chips and salsa to start you off whilst you wait for you order to arrive at your table.

Food was fresh, hot and tasty. My partner who had the same lunch couldn't finish it all.

Together with tax lunch for two was $12.91.

Very extensive menu for lunch or dinner. Recommended.

What kept me from giving my experience here an excellent rating is the place could use some updating.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

The food was cool and taste like the rice was old. The waitress was a little ok, but not a great customer services.

Reviewed 9 December 2016

I wasn't expecting a lot from this place, but it really hit the spot on a recent Tuesday when I was looking for a quick meal. I opted for the grilled quesadilla rellena with steak, cheese, and beans. Came with lettuce, guac/sour cream and a side order of rice. I got some chips with a side order of guac as well, all cheap, tasty, and fast. They certainly seem to pack their dishes with meat, considerably more than I anticipated - really surprising. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 27 October 2016

I would recommend stopping in. Food was good, service was average,p lace was busy. No complaints on my food.

Reviewed 21 October 2016

Everyone had the steak fajitas but I wanted to try the chili rellano and even asked the server if it was soft or crispy, he said not crispy. So I ordered combo # 22 what I got was a #21 with a chalupa and NO rellano, even though the server that brought the plates said here's the #22. The burrito was very salty, dissapointed, to say the least the fajitas looked fantastic but I wanted to try..........

Been to El Dorado Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK