“Those croissants though”
Review of Loaf

Loaf
Ranked #4 of 11 Bakeries in Durham
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Loaf features artisanal breads, pastries, and cookies baked in the brick oven at our Parrish St. Location. The styles of loaves include Baguettes, RyeKorn, Olive, Polenta, Seeded Rosemary, Sesame, Challah, Whole Wheat, Pain de Campagne, and Multigrain. Pastries include Pain au Chocolates, Nanaimo Bars, Gougeres, Croissants, Cinnamon Rolls, Strawberry Bread Pudding Muffins, Fig Scones, and Caneles de Bordeaux, among many others. Loaf also has a variety of savory items like flatbreads (often vegan), bialys, ham and gruyere croissants, and croissants filled with sauteed mushrooms and greens that are available daily. We sell an assortment of local cheeses, Big Spoon Roasters handcrafted nut butters, and other delicious items such as jams and jellies (made in-house) that can be enjoyed with our breads. Counter Culture coffee, Maple View Farm milk, Honest Tea, San Pellegrino, Fizzy Lizzy, and Cheerwine are some examples of the beverages available in the shop. Call for special orders.
Reviewed 12 March 2018

We chose this bakery for breakfast on vacation, having scoped out several. Good choice. We ordered one giant butter croissant, a chocolate croissant and a double baked almond croissant. Warm. Buttery. Perfect. My ONLY ding is for lack of product in the cases. We got there just before 10 am, and there was exactly one almond and one chocolate croissant left. I don't think 10 am is unreasonable for breakfast when on vacation. Sorry to disappoint the line behind us but we scooped up the last. C'mon, Loaf. Have pity on those sleeping in for vacation and keep those cases full. I did note the side cold case housed other goodies that looked amazing...I'm thinking next time I'm there I have to have an éclair. For three items it was just under 11 dollars with tax and worth every crunchy, crispy, buttery bite. We'll be back. Maybe at 9.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

So many delicious breads. Have also had some delicious muffins but my favorite is the Almond Croissant. Try Everything! You will not be dissapointed. Remember this is NOT a restaurant, it is a bakery.

Geoff C, Public Relations Manager at Loaf, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you! So glad you enjoyed.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

While my car was getting fixed nearby, I was wandering around downtown Durham trying to find breakfast. I found Loaf and when I went inside, I immediately noticed the smell of freshly baked bread - it was heavenly. I ordered a ham and gruyere croissant that was absolutely delicious. I will definitely be coming back for bread and pastries of all kinds!

Geoff C, Public Relations Manager at Loaf, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Thank you! We're glad you stopped in and enjoyed. Hope to see you soon and hope your car is OK!

Love,
Loaf

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Seeded sourdough, polenta bread, almond croissant, asparagus, ham and cheese
wrapped in a pastry ... these are just a few of our favorite things, and amazing chocolate chip cookies .... it is a must visit at the farmers market and definitely worth stopping by their shop. This is my favorite place to shop for bread and treats for guests, it is my favorite place to shop for me.

Geoff C, Public Relations Manager at Loaf, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review!

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

I wish I had discovered this bakery earlier on my trip. They have a decent selection of phenomenal pastries. The croissants are light, buttery and flaky. Everything you could possibly all for. As others have mentioned this is a storefront and not a restaurant.

1  Thank Anna911

Been to Loaf? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK