“Yummy Biscuits and Donuts”

Rise Biscuits and Donuts
Ranked #1 of 11 Bakeries in Durham
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Always stop here when in Chapel Hill for a biscuit and a donut. Both are yummy. This is a quick serve type place with limited inside seating. Well worth a trip. Glad to see they’re expanding to many other locations. Yummy.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

I've had more McDonalds Sausage Biscuits in my work life than I care to admit so it's no surprise that when my son-in-law told me about Rise Biscuits & Donuts in Durham that I had to try it for myself. Their menu includes eight different biscuit items that are a world-class above McDonalds priced anywhere from $4.20 for their Sausage & Fried Egg Biscuit to $6.75 for their Strip Steak, Fried Onions/Mushrooms and Swiss Cheese Biscuit.

Your won't leave Rise for under $3.00 like you can at McDonalds, but the biscuits are worth every penny. I grabbed the Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit for $4.75 and my son-in-law chose the Huevos Rancheros Biscuit. Throw in one bottled water and our total was $12.75. They also have a large selection of donuts, but it's the biscuits that will leave you speechless.

The biscuits were freshly cooked and incredibly tasty. One biscuit will definitely fill you up. I believe there may be as many as eight locations of Rise in the greater Raleigh-Durham metro area.

If you want a changes from the national chains for fresher ingredients and a mouthful of taste, try Rise Biscuits and Donuts.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went here on a Sunday morning for late breakfast. Though it was busy, ordering is quick. If you get only doughnuts, it is in and out. We both got biscuits, so you have to wait while it is prepared. The chicken and the bacon/egg biscuit were hot, fresh and really good. We were less impressed with the donuts but still good. There are doughnut holes to sample while you wait and it moves quickly despite the crowd. We would return if in the area.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

This Rise is located in a new shopping area just off 40 in Durham. It is a little hard to find for an out of towner, but I finally made it. Very small store, very busy, even at 11:30 on a Sunday. I thought I had missed breakfast, as there was no breakfast / biscuit menu on the big boards when I arrived. It was not until I got up to the register and asked that I found out they serve breakfast all day. I got a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit and was very surprised at the size of the biscuit. It was hot and well done. I got a chocolate icing donut and one filled with chocolate pudding and had powdered sugar on it. Both were very good. I also got an apple fritter and found that it was just too "heavy" and greasy for me. That is the only item I would not get again. It is large as well, enough for two people and had a funnel cake taste to it. There is a small bench for seating while you wait for your food and a small counter with a mini window so you can watch the food being prepared, but you really cant see much. For me, the Best thing was the biscuit. They had coffee, but no brewed tea or other drinks, except in bottles. I will not go out of my way again to this location, but if I come across a Rise location, I would stop. Beware.....they are open 7 days a week but close at 2:00. Do not go expecting to have a nice dining experience...it is a grab and go place for sure.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a coffee and an apple fritter. Fritter was $3.00. I found it to be too greasy. I've had much better fritters. The coffee was fresh and robust. Small place, order at a counter. Few stools against a wall inside, tables on the sidewalk outside. Busy place.