“Excellent Authentic food”

Cilantro Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #299 of 836 Restaurants in Durham
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Small local restaurant with true medertrainian food. Gyro, kabulleh wraps were fantastic. It is a little hidden but worth the hunt.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

I really wanted this to be much better than it was. I may have got them on a off night. Really need to work on their customer service.

Reviewed 13 January 2017

I stopped in for a take-out dinner. I ordered the chicken wrap and a baklava. The chicken was wonderfully seasoned. The pita, however, was a little tough as if it had been out for too long. I just ate what was inside the pita and it worked out fine. The baklava was very good. The place doesn't have a lot of ambiance, but the staff is very kind and helpful.

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

Yes, here we are in NC again for a soccer tournament. It's nearly 7pm and the teen boy is hungry.

He has a thing for gyros, and out we go to Cilantro , which is very near our hotel. Oooops, though. The door was wide open, but the restaurant was closed for a private party.

The owner was very gracious, and invited us to stay. It's a small place, though, so we decided to carry out our order: spinach salad, hummus, a lamb wrap & a gyro.

It was tasty, but what I will remember most us the hospitality.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

I was at a hotel for an early AM flight, and it was about 7 pm and we wanted dinner. I found a restaurant on Trip Advisor, but it was closed (there was a hurricane nearby!) This restaurant closed at 7. But the owner let us in, and offered to give us take out. And wow, was it good. The owner is Persian, and showed me how he makes his own fantastic bread. He also gave us a history of Persian food while we were waiting for him to finish preparing our meal. I live 90 miles east, and can't wait to visit again and enjoy this food.