“Really great place kid friendly”
Review of Duke Lemur Center

Duke Lemur Center
Ranked #8 of 58 things to do in Durham
Reviewed 28 November 2017

Really great place kid-friendly felt more of like a scientific Institute than a place to go take your kids and see lemurs but it's a one of a kind of place to check out everybody was super friendly

1  Thank William M
"minute tour"
in 4 reviews
"answer questions"

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Take the time to reserve when you know your travel dates, this is a highly popular venue. I was able to get in because I was a single & able to fill a waiting list. That said, this was an amazing place, the tour was extensive & the lemurs absolutely fascinating! Children of all ages will love it & it is a highlight of any Duke visit,

1  Thank Mickey G
Reviewed 20 November 2017

We did the Keeper for A Day, their priciest tour. This experience was amazing and we loved it, though it was a bit long and it was hot out in October. You start of changing into scrubs and see some of the facility. Then you prepare some meals for the Aye Aye lemurs, animals you will probably see nowhere else. Our guide, Kate was friendly, really informative and patient with us. The experience was a little long (4 hours) and I was hoping for more time in the forest but it was a unique, amazing experience we will never forget. I don't think this tour is for everyone, however. I'm a huge animal person (also a wildlife rehabilitator) so I loved it a bit more than my husband. I think probably the walking tour would be fantastic too, and hit most of the highlights of this one.

1  Thank Nancy G
Reviewed 10 November 2017

We went as a group with a 3 year old and a 1 1/2 year old. The children enjoyed the gift shop and the video much more than the exhibit. The lady who took us around had much more information to share than we could take with the little ones. All the enclosures seemed to be double fenced, so that when there were lemurs to be seen, you could barely make out what you were seeing. Don't bother taking a camera, as your camera will focus on the fence not the lemur. If we did not have the children, I suppose we would have had more patience to listen to the lady. Most lemurs were out in the forest. If you are expecting a zoo type experience, you'll be disappointed.