“Simple, but truly delicious, the best snow cones in NC!”
Review of Pelican's SnoBalls

Pelican's SnoBalls
Ranked #10 of 21 Dessert in Durham
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Not fancy, no frills, but the absolutely best flavored snow cones in North Carolina! Any flavor imaginable...smooth ice, and tasty flavors.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We went to Pelican's SnoBalls in Newton, NC on a Sunday evening. We arrived at 5:50. The line was super long as it had been the other times we had gone by there without stopping. But this time, we decided to bite the bullet and get in line to see what the fuss was all about at this place.

We stood in line for 40 minutes! We finally got to the Order window and I ordered Vanilla SnoCream in the Avalanche size which is the biggest and I wanted it to go. The girl waiting on us said the Avalance size was not available in a to-go cup due to not having lids to fit them. So now after 40 minutes of waiting, I have to change my order from what I really wanted. But we did get our order and headed for home. My wife ate her Raspberry SnoBall on the way home and enjoyed it. It took 15 minutes for us to get home. We got in the house and I opened the lid to my Vanilla SnoCream and lo and behold, the cup was only half full! So half of that $4 large size SnoCream had melted, I guess. I saw that it was full after they made it and as they were putting the lid on.

So my advice is if you wish to partake of these treats at Pelican's SnoBalls, eat them there! I would have done that except that it was so blasted hot that day AND all of the picnic tables were full already.

I will say though that the Vanilla SnoCream was delicious and did taste just like what we have made at home with real snow.

So, for us, it was something we had to try one time but we don't feel the need to do it again. One and done for me.

Date of visit: July 2017
2  Thank dooscoop32
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Soo many choices of flavors ,this place is always busy great favorite. Sit around and enjoy the company of others . Play a game . You will return and return . Enjoy

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 11 June 2016

This place has so many flavors you will never get bored. I love the orange creamsicle and the wedding cake with condensed milk. Buy a bag of pelican Bucks and get the value of one free.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 29 October 2015 via mobile

I have heard rave reviews of this place, and a friend and I decided to give it try.

We wish we had not. We wish we had just gone somewhere else instead.

Now, I have to admit, we both got sugar-free snow cones. But we both hated them. The flavor was fake-tasting and icky sweet. At least the colors can be nice, as long as you don’t get to many contradictory flavors..

If their regular product is good, I'm happy for those who like it.

Avoiding sugar shouldn’t be punished. There are better options.

Date of visit: April 2015