“Cannot fault this hotel. 10/10” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Durham

Holiday Inn Express Durham
Ranked #30 of 70 Hotels in Durham
Perth, Australia
“Cannot fault this hotel. 10/10”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

Okay where do I start.. this hotel is a 10/10 in every aspect. I cannot fault it at all. I am so impressed with the service I received I don't know where to begin..

I was greeted a most very warm welcome when I checked in at 2am. Check in was quick and easy. The desk clerk gave me all the information I needed for wireless internet, business center and the complimentary breakfasts.

The service I experienced was absolutely perfect, this hotel is SPOTLESS. From the outside right to your hotel room. The housekeeping work so hard and are excellent at what they do, they are all friendly and cleaned my room and changed my bed sheets daily, was given fresh towels and was never low on amenities. I could leave my wallet, camera, gps, laptop and cash all around the room and nobody would EVER touch it.

There is security in the carpark watching the cars at certain times of the night and that is another bonus. Plenty of parking spaces also. The room I was assigned was just beautiful, a large king sized room at the end of a hallway, fridge, microwave, iron and board, couch, office table, flat screen tv, and a beautiful large bathroom. There was no safe but honestly I didn't need one! The housekeeping at this hotel are the best I have EVER experienced. Alot of the times at other hotels I know when my stuff has been looked through, but that never happened here. I cannot praise them enough. The room also had a coffee maker, alarm clock and 3 of every towel, 3 face wash towels, 3 hand towels and 3 bath towels.

The breakfast was the best complimentary breakfast I ever seen. This hotel had hot and cold breakfast. (coffee, milk chocolate, tea, cereals, yoghurts and boiled eggs, warm sweet rolls, pancakes, omelletes or scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, muffins, juices) and the lovely Mexican lady who looked after the breakfast area was too kind and friendly, made sure there was plenty of food and just happy all the time. What great hospitality.

The front desk clerks were always so friendly and willing to help me with anything I needed, I'd like to thank all of you for making my stay as enjoyable as possible.

The location was perfect for where I needed to be, there was a mall down the road (yay!) and lots of food places within 2 mins drive of the hotel. Close to the interstate also.

The internet connection was 100% all the time, (which I have never had) it never dropped out once which was convenient as I had to use it a lot. I didn't try the pool but it was spotless and absolutely clean, I would've had I had the time.

I could go on and on about how great this hotel was, you will not regret your stay here. Oh did I mention they have complimentary dinners on Wednesdays? Pizza, subway or hotdogs with free cans of drink and Bud Light!!! What a bonus!

The ONLY thing that wasn't 100% was my hotel key, sometimes I'd have to swipe it 5 times for it to work, and a lot of the time I'd have to get them to fix my card for me, but that wasn't a problem for me at all. It happens.

Overall my stay was absolutely enjoyable, I will be coming back here and I'd like to thank ALL the staff for making my stay as wonderful as it was, I praise you for how hard you work and will be recommending this hotel to as many people as I can!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

This was my first stay at this hotel. I was traveling through the area on I-85, and the location was ideal for a stopover.

The surrounding area is not usually what I would prefer. We had to drive a block or so to Honey's Restaurant and other choices were within a short drive.

The area is safe, I don't mean to imply otherwise, but the intersection (I-85 & Guess Road) doesn't offer a lot in my opinion.

I do recommend this hotel for it's convenience to I-85 travelers. It was very clean. Nice swimming pool. And a good breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2011

All of the staff at the hotel were very friendly. I received printed directions to the attractions in which I was interested. The room and the common area sparkled. The breakfast area was spotless and the breakfast was excellent. The hotel was full while we were there which tells me that we aren't the only ones who have discovered this gem.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Suffolk, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

The hotel is clean enough and breakfast was adequate. The staff was not friendly and the rooms are poorly designed. The bedding felt cheap, the heater was an under-the-window unit and noisy. We had 2 rooms and in niether room did the bathroom door close completely or lock - definitely a problem when traveling with 3 teenage girls and 1 teenage boy not all in the same family! I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Murphy, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2010

My family and I were in the area for the NC High School Football State Championship Finals. I booked this hotel because it had suites and we had 5 people in our room. I've stayed in many hotels and choose Holiday Inn Express if available, as the brand is usually very consistent.
When we arrived the hotel staff was very nice & helpful, but we were very disappointed at the room size. This "Suite" advertises sleeps 5 but the couch (which was smaller than a love seat) didn't even fold out into a sofa bed. Where exactly is the 5th person supposed to sleep? The room was so small there wasn't even space for a rollaway bed. My husband and I were traveling with 2 teenagers and our 11 yr old daughter. The couch was so small that she couldn't even sleep on it comfortably. She wound up sleeping on the floor. Breakfast was also a bit disappointing as well. No fruit, hard boiled eggs were still frozen and food selection was limited. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for families.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family