“Early Dinner”

Ranked #58 of 854 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped tonight for an early dinner and loved the food and service. We had Keith I. as our server and he did a great job. The Santa Fe salad was outstanding!

TCF_Guest_Services, Guest Relations Manager at The Cheesecake Factory, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Hello. Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Cheesecake Factory is been one of my favorite places for years now. Coming into this restaurant the interior design feels dated and tired. It's time for Cheesecake Factory to redesign that weird Egyptian sort of interior decor. It's very year 2000. 0We had a really great server very attentive and obliging. He's definitely five out of five. The food was just okay. I remember it tasting so much better but my pasta was dry the chicken was overcooked and dry and I had to ask for extra sauce just to make it edible. The Bread Basket is all right. Cheesecake is still good, as good as I remember. I do think that the price point for Cheesecake Factory is too expensive. They give you too much food and it costs too much. You shouldn't need to be paying $20 a person for lunch or dinner. I am not anxious return =(

TCF_Guest_Services, Guest Relations Manager at The Cheesecake Factory, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Hello. Thank you for taking the time and giving us your feedback. We are sorry we have not been able to provide you with an exceptional experience. During your next visit ,please join us for Happy Hour for discounted food and drinks! Thanks again and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Four of us ate here on a Sunday evening at 8:30pm when it was not crowded and we were seated right away. Took awhile but someone took our food and drink order. The food and drinks were delivered in a reasonable amount of time - mostly - except one drink was missing in addition to the bread and butter and a requested dessert plus a utensil. All these were immediately requested again and never showed up. In fact no wait person returned until the meal was over which was very poor service. The dessert that was requested (as an appetizer) was then delivered after prompting the server (again). Plus we ordered another dessert and then the bread and butter was delivered along with drink refills (all of which had run dry). So the food was tasty but the very poor service rendered the meal a "POOR" grade. Poor service trumps even good food. Note that the wait staff was not busy during the meal, they just did not show up and/or were clueless. So we spent $90 and it's doubtful we'll be back and poor service is the direct blame.

TCF_Guest_Services, Guest Relations Manager at The Cheesecake Factory, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

We are so sorry for the service that you received from us. We would have felt the same way as you did about this visit. Our service should have been much better and all of this could have been avoided if our team was more attentive. Please know that we will address this with our staff and hope you can give us another chance! Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

My coworkers decided to take me to the cheesecake factory for lunch in celebration of my birthday. We did not have a reservation but had no issues getting seated right away. The staff was welcoming and professional. Our waitress was friendly and ensured that our orders were correct. I had the Renee’s Special which was OK, but the highlight for this trip was the desserts we ordered to take back to the office. We tried two desserts, the banana cream cheesecake and a new special one with cherries. They were both very good; however, in my cheesecake with the cherries, I bit into something that was in the middle of the cheesecake. When I removed it from my mouth, it was paper. My coworkers and I couldn’t determine the source of it but it reminded me of the type of paper that sits under the desserts when you purchase it per slice at bakery shops. I would’ve taken it back to the restaurant but didn’t have time to leave work to make that trip back to the restaurant.

TCF_Guest_Services, Guest Relations Manager at The Cheesecake Factory, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Hi Arvian, We are truly sorry for this experience with picking your to-go order!
Thank you and we hope you can give us another chance!

Reviewed 9 August 2018

The original review stands as listed EXCEPT for the menu prices. The fish and chips were $13.95 instead of my previously price, and my factory nachos were $12.95 instead of my previously amount. The cheesecakes were a bit more reasonable at $4.25 for the cherry chocolate, and $3.97 for the chocolate raspberry truffle. The cheesecake turned out to be the best deal due to the fact that we visited on BOGO (by one, get one) promotional day.

Been to The Cheesecake Factory? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK