“What a treat!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 70 Hotels in Durham
Staunton, Virginia
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights this week. I was, indeed, WOWED by this hotel. Not only is it exceptionally clean and neat, but the rooms are sooo very contemporary and well appointed. There are features that I have not seen in chain hotels outside of Europe, such as separate commode and tub/sink rooms with sliding opaque glass doors, huge rooms and a cozy L-shaped couch with chaise lounge on one side. The living area with coffee/microwave area and office area are separate from the bedroom area and would be comfortable for a long stay. The inside pool and hot tub were immaculate and just the right temperatures. There was an outside seating area with a water feature as well as a huge fire pit lit in the evening. I have never written a review of a hotel before - this hotel needed to be noted!!! (Jennifer, the front desk host, was gracious and helpful, as well.)

Room Tip: Water pressure on the 6th floor was slow and it took a good while for it to get hot so a lower floor...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Hello xgwoman,

Thank you for the kind review. It is most appreciated. I would like to apologize for the water pressure issue. It should be a simple fix involving removal of debris. I will relay your comments to our staff, including Jennifer and again thank you for the review as well as your business. Come see us again.

Ted Franzese
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Homewood, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

This is a fairly new hotel and it was staffed by great people. The staff went way out of their way to accommodate me, and my wife during this trip.
First off, I planned on doing a work out in the Durham/Chapel Hill area, and I needed a place to take a shower afterwards. After a very quick call the front desk assured me that they would have a room ready for me when I got there about noon. Not only was the room ready, but they had my paperwork all set and only needed to see my ID when I walked through the door. No issues with the early check in and the room was immaculate.
We got a room closest to the elevators so I was a bit apprehensive about noise, but my worry was for naught. We never heard the elevators, and we got a great night's sleep.

My wife had an all day meeting the next day, and I was left to work remotely. Not only did the front desk staff allow me to do a late check out, 1:00 pm, but they set up a little workstation for me in the lobby to finish my day.
This would have been enough, but, from time to time, the staff would ask if I would like some coffee when they brought out a fresh pot. It was a great experience, and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Durham/Chapel Hill area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Hello NattoMatto,

Thank you for the great review. The kind words as well as your business are both greatly appreciated. I'm truly glad that you and your wife enjoyed your stay. Please come see us again.

Raleigh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel on two separate occassions for business and used space for meetings. The staff provided excellent customer service in responding to our needs whether it was printing a document or bring refreshing drinks. The staff was very accommodating and met our requests with a smile. We especially enjoyed the lobby/lounge area and outdoor space with the fire pit. Thanks for excellent service - Rodney, Jose', Laura and Linzi! I look forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites so anyone you choose will be great because the couch lets out into a bed an...
Hello Kepe H,

I would like to thank you for taking the time for submit a review and would also like to thank you for all the kind words. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and an equally happy to hear that you will be back again. I will certainly share your comments with the staff, especially the four employees you mentioned. Thanks Again!!

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Convenient location, modern furnishings, clean room, polite staff, great breakfast and a great value. I was very pleased.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Hello Verborgen,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am very pleased that your stay was such a positive one. That's certainly what we strive for. I hope you will come see us in the not too distant future and thanks again for the feedback.

Apex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Our company has completed three trainings at this hotel and each one has been great. The customer service is excellent! Laura Pelletier (the sales manager) does a wonderful job making sure everything is ready for our meeting and also making sure the participants coming to our meetings are able to get their rooms at the rate we promised.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
SHSD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Hello Elisa D.,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. It is most appreciated. I have shared your comments with Laura and will do so with the rest of the staff as well. I was particularly excited to read how happy you were with the service we provided. Thank you Elisa. We're truly glad we have become "A great place for Meetings".