“Cal/Mex in Corolla”
Review of Bad Bean Taqueria - CLOSED

Bad Bean Taqueria
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: The only GOOD bean is a BAD bean.
c
“Cal/Mex in Corolla”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I have actually been in the back kitchen when the fresh produce show ups!!! Only go here if you think Taco Bell sucks!!!!!!! Rob is great for supporting the local surf scene. Got his recipes form California...

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

North Jersey, USA
“Local Fast food”
Reviewed 12 November 2011

While one can either eat in or take out, this restaurant in Timbuktu is essentially a fast food place. The burritos and tacos are good, and they have a tasty selection of beer which came as something of a surprise. One senses, however, that the staff all have other interests, e.g. surfing, and this is merely their day job; they are just not into it. On the other hand, other than placing an order, there isn't much contact. Fine for lunch, not my style for dinner unless maybe takeout; the place is a bit loud, lots of large groups with kids [but then again this is the OBX where the houses all seem to sleep about 20 :-) ] One is inclined to linger about as much as one would at McD's.

1 Thank MEB2009
Charlottesville, VA
“Fish tacos good”
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Not much atmosphere, but decent fish tacos for the price. The guacamole was pretty bland and I would skip that next time.

1 Thank Relleno
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Usually the BB is excellent, but our recent visit was disappointing. The food was not up to par (why can't I have a soft corn tortilla?) and the service wasn't good. I'm beginning to think the businesses in Corolla really can't stand the tourists here. Almost everywhere we go we are treated with what seems to be hostility.

1 Thank jasamaud
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
“Food was good, value was not.”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Right off the bat, this is not a full service restaurant, it's semi-fast food. The full service location is in KDH. Me, my wife and 4 year old daughter stopped by here on a slow friday afternoon. I expected this to be a full service joint, but it wasn't and thats my fault for not checking it out here first. I had two fish tacos, which were pretty good, my wife had a burritto, which she said was good and may daughter had the min-quesadilla, which I ended up eating. We also ordered chips and salsa, which tasted very fresh. The portions were large (as with most mexican food places), but the prices seemed steep. For what I mentioned above and 3 sodas, it came to $38, which seemed kinda high for a place where I have to pour my own drink and clean up after myself. I must say though that we did enjoy the food. The service was really non-existant (you order at the counter, they bring it over and you never see them again), but then again I should've looked this up before we went there. They are located in the TimBuck II shopping plaza in Corolla, kinda hidden on the side of a building.

1 Thank marvingardens1