“Highlight of our week”

Bobs Wild Horse Tours
Ranked #8 of 22 Tours in Corolla
More attraction details
Owner description: See the Corolla Wild Horses in an open air truck. We have custom vehicles that will seat up to 14 people. All tours have a money back guarantee and are safe for all ages. This is a must do tour if you are on the Outer Banks of NC. We have been safely guiding for over 15 years. All guides are certified by the Corolla Wild Horse Fund.
Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Highlight of our week”
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Great ride up the beach and through the I paved (sand) roads of several communities. Saw about 25 horses, including a harem trotting down the beach. On ride back along the water saw several dolphins. Ride was a bit windy in te open air truck and a little bouncy at times, but well worth the minor inconveniences. Well worth the $35 ticket.

2 Thank Virginiatraveler56
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Chesterfield, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“Great ride!”
Reviewed 5 August 2011

18 family members took this ride on July 27th and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. Our driver and guide, Sid, shared history of the area both past and present. He was both knowledgable and enthusiastic. We took the last tour of the day which was cooler and the perfect tome of day to take pictures!

Salem, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Pricey, but glad we did it”
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We did this tour on July 27th with another family that we were vacationing with last week. Altogether we had 4 adults, 4 children under 6 and 2 that were teenagers. I can't remember the guys name that did our tour but he was really funny and were were back there making jokes and he was kind of playing off of us so it was nice. We spent the whole time laughing and that made it go by really fast. (btw in case he reads this, our last night in OBX we saw a family on our beach wearing the white shirts and tan pants and we all said "omg! the horse tour guy!" haha)
My only complaint was that my husband and I had 3 small children so that meant 3 car seats. My husband handed me one of the car seats while he was getting the other 2 out and I took it over to the vehicle. The guy was already up in the vehicle but he just looked at me and told me to put it wherever I wanted and jumped down. I know it's not his job but it would have been nice for him to put it in the vehicle so that I could stay down on the ground with my 3 toddlers in the parking lot and not have to climb up in there to do it myself. (esp since there were 3 of them so it did take a little while. Eventually the husband of the other family saw that I was a little stressed about it and trying to keep the kids by the car and he took it and put it in for me. There's a sign that says "tips graciously accepted" on the back of the truck window. If he had said "here let me buckle that in for you, since I'm already up here" He would have gotten a tip (we are generally 20% tippers at restaurants). But for the price we paid, he didn't go out of his way to help me so I'm not gonna go out of my way to tip him. But that's just my 2 cents on that subject.
Driving on the sand (and in that type of vehicle) is VERY bumpy and I get car sick really easily so I was glad we hadn't eaten beforehand or that could have been ugly lol. So just keep that in mind when booking. We saw a good amount of horses (maybe 16 or so?) and it was sunset (which is the reason we did the 5:30 tour) so I got some nice pics. I was really hoping to get to see them on the beach but that didn't happen so that was a little disappointing. But obviously that's not their fault. I do feel that it's really pricey but they ALL are. I think they've all figured out that they can charge whatever they want and people will still pay it b/c it's a one time thing. It's not like you're going to do it a bunch of times. You do it, take the pics, have the fond memories and try to forget how much you paid lol.

1 Thank 3in4mama
Buffalo NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“" SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR BETTER THINGS''”
Reviewed 4 July 2011

On Fri July 2nd our Family of 8 took the 4:30 tour ,@ a cost of $400.00 two of our group are avid horse riders and belong to Stables in Orchard Park N.Y. We were needless to say EXCITED to see Wild Horses,what we got to see were a total of 5 horses grazing near rental condos, and a ride on the Beach .Similar to a whale watch ,when there is 5 or 6 companies doing the same SCAM BEWARE folks.

3 Thank jagger128
Corollabob, Owner at Bobs Wild Horse Tours, responded to this review, 8 July 2011
Sorry you feel that this is a scam. The horses have 7500 acres to rome. With only a 100 horses in the area, we sometimes do not see as many as we may at other times. This can be affected by weather, insects, and heat. This is one of the last places you can do this type of activity. Most of the "wild horses" are penned up or out on some island you can only get to by boat.
I certainly feel we run a great tour and that is why we offer a money back guarantee!
Bob
Fredericksburg, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So much fun!!!”
Reviewed 23 June 2011

Jenny was our tour guide and she was great. She knew so much about the horses and then locals, she gave us a GREAT tour. She was a lot of fun and kept us laughing the whole time. We got to see a lot of the horses and even Grave Diggers house. We will definitely do this again the next time we are in Corolla. We strapped my three year old sons carseat in and he loved it as well.

Thanks for making our little mini vacation a fun one!!!

Visited May 2011