“Resortquest Corolla,N.C. RIP OFF!”

ResortQuest Kaliedoscope
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corolla
ResortQuest Kaliedoscope
Baltimore
“Resortquest Corolla,N.C. RIP OFF!”
Reviewed 29 December 2008

I want to make sure that people know what a rip off artist that these people are.I made an internet reservation with Resortquest for a rate of 444.00 plus taxes and fees to equal 519.00. They then emailed me the confirmation with the same rate they qouted online.Well two days later they decided the coputer rates must have been wrong and raised the weekly rate to 1015.00 and that was not even including the taxes! No amount of discussion made any difference to them.They have disclaimers on the website,they said.Of course they do.They can just change the rate at any time that they choose.
So,think twice before you trust these folks,because they are seriously shady characters.I have filed a report with the BBB for all the good it will do.

10 Thank mnhenderson
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Couples
Solo
Business
pa
Reviewed 11 August 2008

We have been going to Corolla for years and always rent from Resort Quest. NEVER AGAIN!! It was an awful experience from start to finish. First when we checked in at noon we were told the house had hard keys (not key cards) and we had to come back at 4 p.m. for them. This had us unexpectedly wasting an extra 40 minutes of our day. Once we checked in things only got worse. We had to use our beach towels because there were no towels in the house, the sliding door to the pool was broken, a nightmare with small children, the hall bath toilet was broken, the house had not been vacuumed or dusted, there was popcorn all over the carpet in the family room, the family room TV only produced fuzz and the worst of all there were ants crawling in and out of the kitchen cabinets and the cleaning people sprayed them dead in the trash and left them! Of course by this time the agency is closed so I left messages, with no return calls in the morning I called back, still no luck so we just stopped in and spoke to someone in person. Maintenance and housekeeping both came that afternoon. We did get towels, all but the TV fixed, the dead ants cleaned up. The TV repair was left to our teenager and the ant problem was solved with a note and a can of raid for us to use! We spent the entire week using paper and plastic, cleaning after all meals including keeping no trash in the house. We kept no food in the kitchen, spending the week with all our food stacked up on the dining room table and not being able to see each other as we ate! As dinners are more complicated we had to eat out every night, which is not easy in this area or with small children! It totally ruined our plans of a glass of wine and fun games with our family. Oh, there's more! The house backs up to a grocery store, convenient yes, and also loud! I'm so happy to be home and getting some much needed restful sleep. There was some awful noise from the grocery store 24 hours a day that sounded like a jet engine, that combined with the air conditioning units on the outside wall of the master bedroom left us abandoning it to find room with our kids. On our final day when I called Resort Quest to tell them we were checking out and I would NOT be returning the hard keys until we were ready to leave the beach they asked about our stay and when I told them it was awful I was directed to the person I should speak to in the office I was to drop the keys at. Of course, when I asked for her I was told she was on her honeymoon and he should have known this. Just another runaround. Bottom line, they've got your money and they just don't care. Be warned, don't rent with Resort Quest and don't rent house #cc130 Kaleidescope, at 633 Hunt Club Drive!!!

10 Thank DandD50

Travellers are raving about these Corolla hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corolla
5.2 km away
7.2 km away
Inn at Corolla Light
Inn at Corolla Light
#1 of 2 in Corolla

Been to ResortQuest Kaliedoscope? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK