“Great breakfast, but.....”

Breakfastime Family House
Ranked #82 of 329 Restaurants in Concord
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The food is fantastic and Kelly our waitress was wonderful. Had the South of the Border omlet with rye toast and home fries. The biscuits are soooo fuffy. The only problem is the size of this location. Too small. But worth waiting for.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm usually pretty critical about reviewing restaurants, but I've got nothing bad to say about Breakfastime. Give their Southern Eggs Benedict a try with either the sausage patty or livermush (my favorite). Where else can you buy 2 eggs and get a 3rd free? Try their omelets, it's the size of a large plate...

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Waited about 15 minutes for a table on a Sunday morning. Quite a few seats are at a communal bar like area. We were fortunate to get a booth. Food was good and waiter was attentive.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

My wife is not a Breakfast person and normally would not even consider a restaurant with the name Breakfastime because her assumption would be that that is all they serve.

Love Breakfast and tried the other Concord location on Copperfield last Saturday and loved it and found that the menu included so many other items that just Breakfast.

We went to Concord Mills today for a little shopping and when lunch time rolled around, we ended up here.

It's smaller than the Copperfield location and is a repurposed restaurants so it's constrained by the original design and as such, is a bit smaller and not as open and airy. Still very nice and love the wall art.

We got lucky and scored a parking spot right in front of the front door. Since I'm on crutches, made it easy to get inside.

There was a 20 minute wait but the wait was well managed and we were promptly seated when a table because available. Everyone chipped in to bus tables so made it move well.

We were seated at table at the end of an aisle which was good because with crutches, you want to be out of high traffic areas.

Server was there shortly to take beverage orders and give us menus,

Wife ordered coffee and I ordered half and half tea which I'm glad I did because it was still too sweet. I hate to think what the regular sweetened tea would taste like.

My wife asked what the Soup of the Day was and turns out there was not one but rather four. She ordered a Bowl of the Vegetable and along with that, a side of Fruit and a side of Okra.

Impressive when it came out. Soup was nice and rich, Fruit was more than just melon in an attractive presentation and the Okra was good as well.

I went with the Country Fried Steak which comes with two eggs but you can upgrade to three eggs at no additional charge. Needless to say, I did upgrade. With that I ordered Hash Browns and Whole Wheat Toast.

Country Fried Steak was a bit overcooked and dry although the gravy did help. Hash Browns were probably pre made from a food service company because it was obvious they were molded to shape. Still not bad and all at a great price.

Service was excellent and while a bit smaller than the other location, the atmosphere is still nice and I loved the wall art.

Got a couple of good laughs out of some of them.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

A small wait but worth it for a great meal. Wanted to try something new. Great sausage gravy. Everyone liked everything they ate

1  Thank DonnaLH74