Hampton Inn Concord/Kannapolis
US$ 126
US$ 113
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 131/night.

US$ 99
US$ 91
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 121/night.

US$ 150
US$ 146
GardenInn.com
US$ 123
US$ 121
US$ 95
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 108/night.

US$ 168
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
US$ 134
US$ 114
Residence Inn
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 152/night.

US$ 237
US$ 146
Homewood
US$ 115
US$ 79
ComfortSuites
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 106/night.

US$ 323
US$ 250
All reviewsfront deskcracker barrelroom was cleangas stationcomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areaenjoyed my stayeasy accesspleasant staynorth carolinawould stay here againgreat roomcookiesstaff was friendlycharlotte areawafflesparking lot
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I was consistently pleased with the staff at this hotel. They demonstrated a sense urgency while exceeding my expectations with any questions or special request that confronted them with. Jackie, Tracey and Pat will always go out of their way to assist your needs. Shasta and Patty made themselves available as I booked multiple reservations at this location.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Darrell R
shastaketchie, General Manager at Hampton Inn Concord/Kannapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

Thanks for you kind words! All employees at our hotel from Management down are here to assist our guests in anyway. We try our best to make sure everyone leaves happy and has a wonderful stay. Thank you for taking time out to write a review for us. See you again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stay at this hotel when I am in on business. Everyone is pleasant and very helpful. Jackie, at the front desk greets me with a smile every time. The housekeepers are quick and efficient and tend to all needs.
Highly rate this hotel.

Room Tip: even numbered rooms face an open field
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Robert H

Thank you Bob for taking the time to write a review. I am glad Jackie greets you with a smile. This is how it should be. Anytime you stay with us we want you to feel like you are coming home. We value our guests as they become like family. Thanks for choosing us!

Reviewed 1 April 2012

I booked this hotel through Priceline and they put me in a King room. Previous experience with them always booked me in rooms with 2 doubles. Traveling with 2 children, the king did not work. Chase told me exactly what to do in contacting Priceline to get the room changed. Ten minutes later, the booking is changed and we are in out room with two doubles. Additionally, Chase baked an awesome batch of cookies while we were waiting. He really knows how to provide first-class customer service.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank TrippB63

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad Chase was able to assist in making sure your stay was a good one. You can always call the hotel directly to reserve your rooms this helps ensure all your requests are met ahead of time. I hope you'll stay with us again the next time you are in our area. Thank you for taking your time to review us. We appreciate it.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

I don't usually write reviews unless I've had an experience that was significantly different from my expectations. I was significantly disappointed with this property. I've waited a week to write this review to see if I changed my mind, but I haven't, so...

I read through most of the reviews on this property and the surrounding Hampton Inns before making my reservation. I noted almost everyone was thrilled with the service so that is what I expected. I didn't see any complaints about the upkeep so I didn't expect to see any issues. I read of breakfast complaints from a few years ago but the management said upgrades were coming. I didn't read any complaints in the last couple of years. My visit did not meet my expectations.

When I made my reservation, I requested a crib. I neglected to mention this at check in and was disappointed to see it was not in the room. I went back to the desk and requested one. Tracy said they had play pens but not cribs. I said I would take what I could get. It was approximately 6pm and she was working by herself on Saturday evening. We had to wait about an hour and a half for her to get freed up long enough to get it for us. She brought a contraption I've never seen. I had to assemble it by screwing the legs up into the base. It had a thin pad covered by a very torn vinyl cover that attached to the bottom of the play pen with velcro. There was not any sort of sheet to go with it. I got a regular sheet from Tracy and folded it up and put it in the bottom. She had a fitted crib sheet but this would not work. The pad was very flimsy. There was really nothing for the sheet to wrap around. The velcro also prevented the sheet from being able to wrap under the pad. We made due. Our son is 22 months. This would not be a safe sleeping arrangement for an infant. The website says they have cribs but this is not true.

I usually don’t pay much attention to small problems but I just kept noticing one small thing after another and they started to stick in my mind. It added up to a ton of maintenance issues. It started as soon as we got on the elevator and continued all the way through to the room.

--Elevator carpet was in need of cleaning
--Decal on inside of elevator door was damaged
--Ceiling panel was missing in the elevator
--Elevator exhaust fan was very noisy
--Door lock took multiple tries to open even though the green light would come on and it made noise
--Inside door handle was falling off (I had to reattach it)
--Bathroom door would not latch
--Sink leaked around the handle
--Button to switch on the shower head would not retract and turn off
--Torn wallpaper
--Pitting chrome on shower fixture
--Mold in shower
--Small tears throughout clear top portion of shower curtain
--Wood sink stand/fixture was showing lots of wear
--In-room coffee maker was missing its filter basket
--Track covering wall mounted lamp cord was out of place

According to the elevator certificate, this properly was built in 1996. I would guess our room was updated about 5 years ago. Some of it needs to be replaced again. Some of it wasn’t replaced then and is original.

When we got downstairs to breakfast the next morning, we were disappointed to find there was not a hot prepared food choice like many Hamptons now have. This was a complaint from 2008 and 2009 and the manager said change was coming. It seems to be the same thing that was described back then. There were make-your-own waffles, cold cereal, and breads and pastries. There was yogurt that was warm even though it was on ice. There was a bowl with a few bits of sliced fruit remaining. There was a case of packaged food and a microwave. There were only pancakes in there with plenty of empty space. As we were leaving, I noticed the fruit had been filled up and chicken biscuits had been added to the microwave choices.

The manager has previously blamed the state health department for not allowing the hot prepared food choices. Other Hamptons in the state have these choices. My guess is this property simply chooses not to be inspected like a restaurant and follow the necessary regulations.

I think my opinion is skewed by the hype of the numerous great reviews. I didn’t experience any of the spectacular service mentioned by others. If I had, I might not have noticed the wear and tear and lack of upkeep. I have rated this hotel as a 2 as compared to other Hampton Inns. This is exactly what I would expect if I were at a competitor but I choose Hamptons for a reason. You almost always get a clean and well maintained room and property with prompt, friendly service. I didn’t get that this time.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank TrippB

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you were disappointed with your stay. We do use pack and plays at our hotel due to the recall on cribs that were used in hotels. We do have sheets for them so I am sorry if it was not provided. That is a training issue to be taken up with the staff. The crib should have been placed in your room prior to arrival per our guest requests. I am sorry for this inconvenience. Our breakfast is per standards. We would love to have a restaurant license at our hotel. We have actually tried to obtain one, but due to the size of our kitchen the Health Department will not allow it. We have added items like the waffles and new oatmeal and toppings per Hampton Standards. There are several Hampton Inn's through out NC that face the same challenge as us. The maintenance issues are something that will be checked and addressed. We want our guest to have a comfortable stay with us and want to come back. The carpets are one thing we are working on getting replaced. Again I am sorry you did not have a great stay with us and hope you will give us a second chance.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

I recently stayed at this Hampton Inn. I recieved execellent service from Jackie Wilson at the front desk who helped me get room when the room I had booked for the weekend at another hotel was not acceptable. Jackie was extremely helpful in booking me a room. Jackie was very professional and had a great attitude.

Thanks Jackie for the execellent service!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Perrin C

Thank you for staying with us and writing a review. I am glad we were able to make your visit to Concord a pleasant one. We hope next year you will stay with us again for the CIAA Tournament. It is always a great time.