“Great girls lunch place”
Review of Cherries Cafe

Cherries Cafe
Ranked #16 of 82 Restaurants in Clemmons
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Daily menu changes. Open for lunch hours . Also features take away service. Please call for days and hours, etc. I very much enjoyed the crab cakes. A little pricey, but very fresh and very good.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

This was my first visit to Cherries Cafe, although my lady had dined here several years ago. We live nearly an hour away, and had come to town on business. We arrived at the restaurant well before noon on a weekday and found that most of the tables were already occupied. Clearly this is a very popular place.

The atmosphere at Cherries is light and cheerful, reminiscent of small cafes in Europe, although there are no outdoor tables. The amenities include white tablecloths, cloth napkins, and stemware. The walls are adorned with original artwork, and every piece is for sale if you are interested. On this day the patrons tended to be small groups of women and retired couples such as ourselves.

The waitstaff are friendly and efficient. The menu at Cherries varies daily, I understand. The fare is creative and healthy, a cut above the sandwiches you typically find on lunch menus elsewhere. Entrees cost in the neighborhood of $13 to $15, perhaps a little pricey but tolerable.

My lady ordered the chicken pie which turned out to be quite good. I ordered the tuna melt with strawberries, which I enjoyed but would not order again. Both entrees were accompanied with a delicious tossed salad and tasty house dressing.

We both ordered a glass of house merlot but I don't think that was available on this day. I believe the wine we were served was a dry cabernet sauvignon, which was a bit too dry for my preference. If you want wine at Cherries you should spend more time and possibly more money than we did to order a wine appropriate to your taste.

On this day we didn't have time for dessert but the offerings were very tempting.

Before dining at Cherries I had wondered how the business could survive on serving only lunch (that's what it said online), but after having enjoyed a very pleasant lunch here, I understand why it is so popular. We will dine here again on a future visit to this area.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Yesterday I stopped by to get a schedule at the Sunrise Yoga Studio that is beside Cherries. I live out of town but come to WS periodically. BTW the Sunrise Studio is a great yoga studio! The outside cafe at Cherries looked inviting so I ran in and ordered a madrien orange Chinese chicken salad. I initially gasped at the price $13.50 or thereabouts - well I thought it will be quick, easy and eating outside in the end of November would be an added bonus. The service was impeccable, some friendly ladies asked me to join them so it was a great outing. But realistically, the salad was all iceburg, chicken was ok, served with a dinner roll - very overpriced for what I got!

Reviewed 31 October 2017

The food here is good, but you don't get much to eat. Prices are high for what you get. I would not recommend.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

This restaurant seems to be run on what's best and easiest for them, not the customer. For example, they're open for lunch only and only accept cash or check. When was the last time you visited a restaurant that didn't take credit cards? Desserts are excellent and the place is worth a splurge if you don't mind paying a lot for it.

Been to Cherries Cafe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK