“So So”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #43 of 82 Restaurants in Clemmons
Reviewed 26 August 2018

First visit to this location for quick dinner after Mass with family. Waiter was new but advised us; he provided good service and was attentive I appreciated his efforts and recognize we're all in a learning position so no complaints for that. Orders were relatively accurate but I had my salad boxed for home and ate a few pieces of blackened shrimp. It was ok, and I also boxed the fried onions, mushrooms and chicken breast - all of which looked good - for home. Once I arrived home, I thought I would eat my salad - big mistake. Under house lights I saw nothing but wilted lettuce and spring mix - not palatable looking at all. Have never had an issue with Applebee's locations previously - but won't be returning here.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

But for the unsanitary behavior of some of the bar staff, this could have been a 3 or 4 star review. Allow me to explain. I stopped in for a beer and an appetizer, and everything was going fine. The bartender was attentive, the beer was cold, and the spinach-artichoke dip was hot and delicious. But I was grossed out, AGAIN (see my review of Chris’s Drive-In), by staff eating in the serving area. This time, a patron, who I take to be a regular, brought in a giant bag of popcorn—outside food, but that’s another issue. She dumped it into a large goblet, and then I got to watch the bartender (a different one) shove handfuls of popcorn into his mouth, wipe his hand on his pants, and then mix someone a drink. A female server also ate popcorn by hand. To top it off, a manager sat there chatting with all of them while this was all going on, tacitly giving her approval. Think this through: do you want your bartender eating popcorn by holding his hand up against his mouth, repeatedly, and then making your drink? There is a reason that there is a health code prohibiting this behavior.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

This used to be our go to place for chargrilled burgers...stopped for a late lunch today and the burgers were greasy/ oily tasting to me...my husband thought it was a frozen patty although the manager said it was fresh. Maybe the grill had remaining oils on it from other foods ? Anyway,they gave us credit for our hamburger, uneaten, which was first class.
Funny thing is, I ordered the burger plain with no condiments, telling the waiter, “That’s how good your burgers are !”

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

We ordered steaks "medium"...it arrived 30 minutes later & steaks were tough as leather. Last chance for us...seems to happen every single time!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We went to Applebee's for dinner because their food was always good for the price. I'm not sure what happened, but the menu was not good, every item was over 1,100 calories. I just ordered an appetizer for my dinner, was the least of calories, which was the steak quesadilla. The steak was so tough I couldn't eat it and even the tortilla was tough. I couldn't eat it so I sent it back. My husband's dinner was also bad, but he ate it. They did apologize, but we will never go back there again.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK