The Esmeralda Inn is a charming and well run B&B. Beautiful lobby with rock fireplace was not working when we were there because it was warm weather. However, it would be beautiful in the colder months. Staff is great and it has great little touches like fresh baked cookies in the lobby/ The breakfasts were wonderful. The only criticisms that we have are that some of the room are so small as to be un livable. We had room12 which was so small that I couldn't get around the bed. It also only has a light (for reading) on one side of the bed. There is no room to a second one because room is so small (room is about 2 inches from the door). All this for $200+ per night. We later moved to a "king" room which was much bigger, but there was still only one light. The other undesirable feature was the fact that you had to go to another floor to make a cup of tea or coffee. It didn't have a small coffee machine in each room (a feature that you get in even the cheapest of motels/hotels). If you want something to drink after you have gone to bed (no room to be anyplace else in your room), you have to get dressed, make yourself reasonably respectable and go to another floor to make it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Esmeralda Inn and Restaurant is nestled within the Hickory Nut Gorge of the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains located in Chimney Rock, NC. Enjoy hiking, climbing and fishing and golfing. While dining enjoy the majestic views of Chimney Rock State Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your The Esmeralda Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Esmeralda Hotel Chimney Rock
- Esmeralda Hotel Chimney Rock
- Esmeralda Chimney Rock