We stayed at The Esmerelda for a couple of nights during Lake Lure's "Dirty Dancing Festival". We found it suprisingly quite and cozy since it is just past the Chimney Rock Village Area. We slept with the windows open listening to the relaxing sound of the river and woke to stunning views of the sunrise-lit mountains. All meals were top notch and both the indoor and outdoor dining experiences were relaxed and pleasant. The landscaping outside was just as magnificent as the rustic interior. The Esmerelda's historic past was well documented in thoughtfully placed books, photo albums, and collections of newspaper clippings in the lobby lounge area. It was fun just sitting there for a while and learning a bit about the history of the area and the Inn. We are planning to come back at least once a year from now on. It was that good of an experience. The owners and staff make you feel so comfortable there that you don't feel like you are "on vacation", you feel like you are visiting with friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Esmeralda Inn and Restaurant is nestled within the Hickory Nut Gorge of the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains located in Chimney Rock, NC. Enjoy hiking, climbing and fishing and golfing. While dining enjoy the majestic views of Chimney Rock State Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your The Esmeralda Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Esmeralda Hotel Chimney Rock
- Esmeralda Hotel Chimney Rock
- Esmeralda Chimney Rock