Smoky Mountain Gold and Ruby Mine
Review Highlights
Worth The Stop

My friend and I had never done this before, so we just got the cheapest bucket and were able to... read more

Reviewed 28 August 2018
gaminwoman
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Ok but customer service was lacking

Kids had a good time, bought the $50 bucket. Found various gems but nothing special for the price... read more

Reviewed 15 July 2018
Niki K
via mobile

All reviews gallon bucket gems cut great fun all ages pigeon forge staff was very friendly rubies stone garnet mining jewelry topaz pan quarry polishing activity identifying
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Seeing other terrible reviews now I don’t feel so bad. Both of the gentlemen who were working that day were super rude, seemed frustrated we even showed up which was really annoying because I didn’t even want to be there, we drove a very long distance so our five year old could mine for gemstones. I wouldn’t even call them gemstones. Lots of dirt. Found a few big ones we got to take home in a ziplock bag. Unprofessional service, poor quality stones. We left right after we were done. Don’t waste your time here.

3  Thank Halieee95
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful time! We panned for over an hour and had a blast! We were instructed on what to look for and assisted with any questions we had. The staff was friendly and courteous! Made some great memories

2  Thank Paula P
Reviewed 8 November 2017

This is where to get down and dirty to pan for gems. My kiddo is a rock hound and she had an absolutely fantastic time.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

What a fun spot to enjoy the rocks and gems which are found in this area. We brought a kit home for our grandson for his birthday and he has had great fun panning for his rubies and sapphires....Be prepared to dig in, get your hands didrty and pan for gems...a fun day in Cherokee/

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Nice little thing to do on you day of sightseeing. Panning for rubies was entertaining, Although you do get your hands a little muddy it is worth it. There is a gem expert on site that will go though you finds and let you know what you have. Then they will make the best stone into a piece of jewelry of your choice. But it is a little pricey for making the piece. But I did so I would always remember the experience. It s not a requirement to make the piece of you chose not to.

3  Thank joannz9