“very unhappy”

Smoky Mountain Gold and Ruby Mine
Ranked #16 of 33 things to do in Cherokee
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Do not visit this place. I fell on the uneven sidewalk that they admitted was a problem in the past and now have supposedly fixed it. Isn't that admitting the fault? I now have a rotator cufff injury and they are refusing to pay my medical bills.I will tell everyone I know not to go here.

2  Thank dgilbe82
"all ages"
in 5 reviews
"pigeon forge"
in 2 reviews
"staff was very friendly"
"rubies"
"identifying"
"necklace"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Seeing other terrible reviews now I don’t feel so bad. Both of the gentlemen who were working that day were super rude, seemed frustrated we even showed up which was really annoying because I didn’t even want to be there, we drove a very long distance so our five year old could mine for gemstones. I wouldn’t even call them gemstones. Lots of dirt. Found a few big ones we got to take home in a ziplock bag. Unprofessional service, poor quality stones. We left right after we were done. Don’t waste your time here.

1  Thank Halieee95
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful time! We panned for over an hour and had a blast! We were instructed on what to look for and assisted with any questions we had. The staff was friendly and courteous! Made some great memories

1  Thank Paula P
Reviewed 8 November 2017

This is where to get down and dirty to pan for gems. My kiddo is a rock hound and she had an absolutely fantastic time.