All reviews room was clean continental breakfast rocking chairs air freshener within walking distance yogurt short drive front desk staff bryson city an older hotel definitely stay here again harrah's casino non smoking room convenient location we've stayed pillows mountains
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Considering the majority of the hotels /motels are old and run down as well as cheap both monetarily and in looks in the area. This one was a decent price, great location, and well remodeled. This is not a seedy location by any means. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They were able to let us check in an hour early thankfully. The only 2 drawbacks are the breakfast, very slim pickings. I understand continental breakfasts, but the choices were so limited I felt like it was gas station offerings. We ate elsewhere both mornings. Lastly , in my haste to leave since we had a sick family member I left a computer charger , totally my fault and thankfully they found it while cleaning, but they charged me 20 bucks for mailing it back. Postage was less than 10, and I had to call after a week only to find it had never been mailed. Then they mailed it and I got it the next day as we don't live but a few hours away. Regardless, I would visit again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

When we arrived, we were immediately given warm greetings. Check in was quick and easy and the staff made sure we didn’t have any questions. There is breakfast but we were there for hiking and left before it was served. The room was very clean and the beds slept well. The Econo Lodge is a short drive from many amenities and the casino. I would recommend Econo Lodge to anyone looking to stay in the city limits of Cherokee.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2017

clerk was great after having to leave another motel, big room soft beds great location in cherokee, good breakfast we loved the rooms and staff. liked the staff the best and the food. always book before you go, this motel was filling up fast and i am just greatful we were able to get a room.

Room Tip: rooms near desk are great very quite
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

One has to be a bit careful when booking lodgings in Cherokee. There are many substandard motels near downtown, and it is easy to be disappointed. That's why I was so pleasantly surprised to find the Cherokee Econolodge to be so wonderful.
It is centrally located and an easy walk to downtown and the Cherokee Cultural Center. Just a mile to the casino if you want to walk, and it sits at the foot of the downtown river park.
But, most of all, I was impressed with the friendly staff and the spotlessly fresh rooms. Exceeded my expectations 100%!
And, did I mention the staff?? WONDERFULLY HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY!
The hotel does offer a simple breakfast, standard for this pricepoint, and their breakfast area is a bit small, but there are plenty of other breakfast options downtown.
Highly recommend for the traveller on a budget!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2017

We wanted to take a short trip & decided on Cherokee & Bryson City. We picked this hotel from Trip Advisor reviews. It is an older hotel. The room was slightly musty but we always carry spray when we travel for just that reason. The room was clean, the beds & pillows were comfortable. Some reviews complained about the bathroom being small. Only in there for specific things, so that didn't really matter to me. Great location! Surprisingly quiet. Walking distance to the river & many shops! Don't believe it had a pool, but like I said, walking distance to the river.

Room Tip: We were in room #112. It's right by the office.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends