“Average motel.”

Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
ATL
“Average motel.”
Reviewed 15 September 2009

I stayed for one night. This is your average motel: exterior corridors, basic breakfast, basic cable TV, free wi-fi with good reception.
The room and bathroom were quite clean, but the blankets were dirty and sticky.
Doable for a 1 night stay.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Turin, Italy
Reviewed 8 September 2009

it a quiete econolodge, very clean and with helpfull staff. the breakfast was very basic nut the place is ok . - free wifi-

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank marco.to
charlotte, NC
Reviewed 23 January 2009

Will never stay in any of “Econo Lodge” hotels ever again!!

Our trip was scheduled for Dec. 24/2008, also my wife’s Birth Day. Due to unexpected financial changes we had to forget about our trip to “Econo Lodge” Cherokee, NC. And because it was creasy time around Christmas holidays I forgot to cancel our reservation with “Econo Lodge” in Cherokee, NC.

Was not surprised to see that my credit card was billed for the service I didn’t use but what really upsets and angers me is the hotels management un-wiliness to do the right thing for the customers. Even after several phone calls to the hotel and conversation with hotel’s manager Susan, explaining that my wife lost her job and we had to cancel our trip, I was unable to get any money back or a hotel credit.

Instead I received a letter from hotel manager Susan saying that they cannot find my cancelation number and can’t help me. How lame is that! I have never said I canceled it. Just was hoping they would be human and understand why I failed to cancel and give me a refund. But who was I kidding.
They all just money hungry, heartless individuals.

Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank msivyi
EconoCherokeeMgmt, General Manager at Econo Lodge Cherokee, responded to this review, 8 July 2011
We are sorry this guest did not understand the motel's holiday cancellation policy. Had the guests taken a second to cancel this reservation in advance of the arrival day we would have been happy to cancel for them. However, on a busy holiday weekend when we actually held the room and did not therefore have the opportunity to rent the room we would loose revenue by cancelling the room after the fact. No business could function if this were the common practice. TIP: when needing to cancel a reservation most motels are happy to do so even if
it is in violation of the cancel policy. If the guest is responsible by taking a moment by calling the motel to make the cancellation so the room can be released back into inventory to be rented. Thank You!
Rocky Point NC
Reviewed 2 November 2008

We had gone to see the leaves and just have a get-away. We stayed in room 115. It is on the bottom floor.The room was nice and clean. We had a coffee pot, hair dryer and small fridge in our room.The hotel itself is in a great location! No matter which way you needed to go ,you could turn out of the driveway at a light.The staff was nice and very helpful. When we was leaving my windshield was dirty. The house keeper let me use her windex and rag to clean it.They all made us feel at home. This is one of the quietest places we have stayed at. We stayed for 2 days. I will stay there again! I do recommend eating at Granny's Kitchen. It has a buffet bar with different meats and veggies.

• Liked — Qiet and clean ,great location
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank linda28457
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2008

I picked this place because I was traveling with a group of four (my sister and her young adult kids) and I wanted as many beds as possible for a reasonable price. The Econo Lodge delivered as we had 3 Queen beds for slightly under $90 in August. From the outside, the place looks like a typical cheap motel and the room smelled very musty, but once I aired it out and we saw the view of the river from the room it was fine. This is within walking distance of the "Unto These Hills" shows but is across town from the casino.

The breakfast is the usual unspeakable motel breakfast of donuts and coffee so we went to the casino instead where they serve a very good breakfast.

This place is fine for a short stay.

• Stayed August 2008