22,762 results
All reviews creek tower ruth chris food court get away bowling alley slot machines table games non smoking casino floor great casino north carolina diamond lounge brio mountains dealers comps players
Reviewed 23 June 2010

I have had the opportunity to stay at this hotel several times. Upon arrival it was under constrution which was understood to hopefully help with the huge amount of people that visit this hotel. We were able to check in immediately and went to our room. I did not notice anything out of the ordinary but after looking at our beds more closely and turning one of the pillows over there was blood on one of the pillows!!!!!!yuk!!!!! not sure when the last time our beds were changed but this was totally unexceptable. We were given the opportunity to change rooms or have housekeeping change our beds, well of course we changed rooms. After changing rooms as I was taking a shower I looked at our bath towels and there were brown stains on one of our bath towels. I have never had such a bad experience at a hotel. This was not the level of cleanliness I would expect and will not be going back. Please check your room.

Date of stay: June 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ctrygirl5344
Reviewed 12 June 2010

My husband and I travel to Harrah's a few times a year for a quick fix and getaway. The property is under renovation/expansion, so be aware of that when you go. It is not visually appealing at this time, but I can certainly see it will be once they are done!
The desk clerks are always friendly and helpful and the rooms are the best! Very large, liveable and clean. They've replaced the jacuzzi tubs with soaking tubs much to my delight and everything in the room worked well.
We always eat breakfast and lunch at Selu's Cafe but we splurged for dinner at Sycamore's and we're glad we did! We had eaten there years ago and were really disappointed in the quality of food for the price, so we hadn't been back. This time the staff was wonderful, the food really, really good and the atmosphere relaxed and upscale. Very nice and with drinks, wine, appetizer and meals we only spent around $80. Great deal!
The casino has moved the non-smoking area (YAY) and expanded it. It has many machines, and a great smoke free environment. Unfortunately, it didn't seem very well attended - 80% of the games had the "service" lights on. Made it feel a bit forlorn. But I still managed to spend all my money there and have a great time!
The regular casino is as smoke-filled as ever. No new machines that I could tell and the overall maintenance of some of the machines and areas was just plain bad. Machines were missing buttons, and some of the wheels were hard to see because the glass (plastic) fronts were so hazy with a smoky film. Some of the staff were very friendly and pleasant but some just surly. I really don't like the whole atmosphere in the main area - and this was on a Wednesday - the weekends must be awful! Maybe they are waiting for the renovation to be complete to update the casino?
We will be back for sure to explore the changes and eventually enjoy that new spa that is coming!

Date of stay: June 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2010

Not sure how much you are required to lose at this casino before you can actually use one of the comp rooms you are solicted to call for.
I am a diamond player, I receive monthly/weekly offers from Harrahs Cherokee for free rooms/cash/food. I have called numerous times to book the free rooms- not once has it been available. I even tryed to book a room in May for the end of Sept the usual response "not available at this time " Call back when it gets closer. When you call back of course you will get "you should have made your reservations sooner, we are sold out now " For a casino with tightest machines I have ever seen, they should be more accomodating on the rooms.
I get very agrivated by the dangling carrot and have asked to be left off the mailing list for the free rooms. They still arrive regularly and sometimes I fall for it and call and get aggrivated again.
If you are looking for a casino that will give you a comp room and let you win at least some of your money back head to Indiana (Beleterra.Hollywood,Grand Victoria) or to Mississippi (Biloxi or Tunica) Much better payout, comp rooms/food All around a better deal.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
8  Thank slotplayer424
Reviewed 26 May 2010

Airfare has gotten too high, so a trip over the mountain to Cherokee was in order. Went on a Monday for a 1 night stay.

Valet parking was the quick and easy way to go. Check in was effortless, received a room on the 15th floor. Room was very clean, on par or better than many of the rooms in Vegas. Saw lots of construction from my window, but did not hear any of it.

The casino has been enlarged and now cocktails are served, for a fee. The machines played, I had no big wins and if I had left Tuesday am instead of going back to the casino, I would have broken even. Still left with some of my back roll intact. I did see people hitting jackpots, so they are playing. All you complainers...it's called gambling for a reason!!!

Everyone associated with the hotel and casino was friendly and helpful. Security even found my cell phone and returned it to me.

I'll definitely go back.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank CatbirdEastTN
Reviewed 13 May 2010

this hotel is my favorite, I have been to several casinos, and by far this is a four star resort. You can just relax on the porch area and listen to the running streams, or go to the casino area, what a place. It is growing to what looks to be a HUGE resort, I cant wait to go back, I only visit in May and Oct. live up north.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple