21,035 results
All reviewscreek towerruth chrisfood courtget awaytable gamesslot machinesnon smokingcasino floorgreat casinonorth carolinadiamond loungebriomountainsdealerscompsplayersjackpot
Reviewed 9 July 2008

The Hotel is very nice, and the atmosphere is great. It is just so hard to get a room. You need months advance notice! If you can get a room it is well worth it. I was toward the top and had a great view. The bathrooms are wonderful! The tub is large enough for two..... quite comfortably!
The county is dry so drinks would be nice. The payoffs are not as great as other parts of the country. The nice part of the casino is the non-smoking area. Though it could have been bigger. Everyone was very nice and went out of their way to help you. I even had a cleaning lady offer to get a drink for me so I wouldn't have to leave a "hot' machine! Great service!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 11 June 2008

I read the other reviews on TripAdvisor before I went to Cherokee so I was warned. I found like all the others that the hotel and staff were great, the Cafe has excellent food and reasonable prices and also good staff but what ruins the whole experience is the casino. I have been a Harrah's member since 2000 and played at their properties all over the USA and this one has to be the worst one for having a chance to win or even play a while with your money. I always play video poker and they have plenty of machines there and many people were playing them but I never saw any jackpots being paid on these machines. If you want less than 2 minutes of play per $20 on a quarter machine, this is your casino. I will not be back!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GeorgeGH
Reviewed 10 June 2008

We were in the area to see The Biltmore mansion which is pricey but well worth the cost. We chose to stay at the casino because of the competitive rate and it's location near the Great Smoky Moutains, which are spectacular. We did not have time to spend in the casino itself but were happy with our room. The room and bath were huge and very nice. It was clean and quiet. The staff through out the hotel were very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 5 June 2008

Stayed at the Harrah's Cherokee May 28 & 29, 2008. The drive there from Gatlinburg through the Great Smoky Mountain National Park was amazing even though it was cloudy and raining. Both nights were comped so my review may not be as critical as if I had paid. The employees were extremely nice and friendly. I asked for a high room with a view. We were put in the Soco Tower on the 12th floor. Nice big room with a jacuzi; fridge; and sitting area. Not much view - looked down on a double-wide and a house being torn down. However, I wasn't planning on spending my time at the window. The casino is definitely different: the property is dry (no alcohol); and the gaming has to follow some weird N.C. gaming commission rules. Due to the no alcohol policy, there are no truly upscale restaurants. We ate pizza one night and buffet another. The buffet was average at best. The mountain scenery around town is beautiful and there is a brook running right beside the casino. However, it is obvious the town is having hard times. Many abandoned buildings & tacky t-shirt shops cluttering up the area. We enjoyed the Museum of the Cherokee the most. Gaming, like I said is different, but we gambled on about the same amount as usual. The odds are always in the house's favor. I doubt we will ever go back to the area because we did not find it particularly attractive compared to other places like the North Georgia mountains. (see my review of Brasstown Valley Resort).

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 22 May 2008

From reading Harrah's Cherokee's Casino reviews, there are alot of bad ones. But my experience is quite different. We travel from Raeford NC, which is a 5 hr drive. And we actually love it. I'm not saying that I win, but when we go, we go to have fun. And if we end up winning, of course it makes it even better. The people for the most part are friendly. No matter where you go, you'll find a jerk or two! We normally visit one of the sit down restaurants, which I've found that they have decent food. And it's very pretty there. Also, if you have older children that like to fish, they can fish in the river (that you can see from the casino) for $7.00/day. Which isn't bad.

The only thing I'd like to see different, is more free rooms available on weekends, for those people that work during the week. Plus, 5 cent Keno, would be nice too. But all and all, we like it and we'll be going back for Memorial Day weekend!

1  Thank Diane S