“Spring in the Smokies”

Harrah's Cherokee Hotel
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed @ Harrah's Cherokee Casino & Hotel on the way to a business trip in Savannah GA. Our NK room was in the older renovated section of the hotel and we loved the style and comfort of our room. Wish our view had been of the creek, however we did book at the last moment and were lucky to get a room for Sun and Mon night 4/15-4/16. We like the property settled into the mountains, lots of food choices, and comfortable atmosphere. The casino renovations are huge. We also celebrated a 79th birthday for Dad @ Paula Deens restaurant, wow on the fried oysters and devine steaks, wish we had saved room for dessert! Finally got to try the Noodle Bar, their staff were the best during our stay,and food/sake were what we were we were hankering after a six hour drive.

Room Tip: Higher floors and corner rooms are spacious suites with panoramic views.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here on April 20, 2012. He likes a smoking room which they always give us. I had booked April 20, 2012 because Saturday night was not available. Then April 21, 2012 came up so I booked that room also. My daughter who is pregnant came down on Saturday and they were very nice and let us move to a non-smoking room. We all had such a wonderful time. We played for a long time with our money. Everyone came out with more than what we went in with. For some reason I keep hitting the jackpot on the same machine everytime we go. Both rooms were very clean and my daughter especially enjoyed the Creek Tower room. She thought it was an extra nice room. Thanks for making our trip so special and for the wonderful customer service.

Total Rewards #10702105921 Christiansburg VA

Room Tip: Staying in Creek Tower you don't have as long a walk. But one thing about it you can go eat an...
1  Thank Rhonda P
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Wonderful room with good mattresses. If you are Platinum level gambler, you can receive special offers which give you free rooms & some meal points. My sis is lucky. And, if she spends $100 gambling, she comes out ahead by not paying 2 nights for a hotel room. Platinum members may use the Platinum lounge every day for a free gourmet sandwich & salad for themselves and one guest. In-lounge drinks are $2. Free drinks are not offered in gambling areas. in order to become a Platinum member, one must gamble several times each year. Platinum points are based on total $ you use while gambling. So, if you are lucky, you can keep running the same money through. Many casinos are associated with Harrahs's: Vegas, Atlantic City, Chicago, Reno, St Louis, etc. Some associated casinos have other names. Check it out.

Room Tip: We wanted non-smoking, so reserved in advance.
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed in the Mountain Tower and the rooms were five-star and so were the employees. We used the valet parking and the valet services, both which were excellent. However, this is the most confusing Hotel/Casino for directions where we have ever stayed. This includes Las Vegas and many Carribean locations. It is so far from your room that they have had to start a golf cart shuttle service that has only ONE cart that seats three?? There is absolutely nothing to do but eat and gamble! The best rest. was a place in Cherokeee called The Little Princess, 4-star. Smoking was a terrible problem in the casino if you do not appreciate smoker's! We went once to check it out, but will not go again because of boredom! They keep adding on part by part that makes even more confusing? They also use tickets and not real money?

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The quickest I ever checked in to a hotel. I booked online and was actually comp'd the room. I guess I had points from their total rewards program. I figured there was a catch....but there wasn't. The staff at the front desk were very friendly,(I stood in line for a few minutes and observed).The room was great, extremely clean, very spacious and surprisingly very quiet. I didn't have a great view, but I was ok with that because I was only there for 1 night. The lobbies very very clean, the whole place was impressively clean!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a view, remember the higher the better! Call and ask which rooms have the bes...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family