20,967 results
All reviewscreek towerruth chrisfood courtget awaytable gamesslot machinesnon smokingcasino floorgreat casinonorth carolinadiamond loungebriomountainsdealerscompsplayersjackpot
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Late late Friday afternoon we decided to make a run from Charlotte up to Cherokee. We called and were able to get comp rooms. We had a wonderful time playing this trip. We were cautious and lucky and came home as a couple 1500 ahead. We tried some new games and really had fun. We tried the new Paula Deems seafood last night and it was outstanding.....great price wonderful quality.

We have already booked a return trip...

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I am one of those people that can sleep through EVERYTHING. I stayed in the Mountain Tower this past Friday night, and it was LOUD through the walls. I heard every time someone entered/left their room. The beds were comfortable and the room was huge, but I definitely did not sleep well.

The property is nice, and keeps getting nicer everytime I go there!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I've spent 22 nights in the hotel this year. All but one stay was in the Creek Tower. The other one was in the Mountain Tower which was inconvenient and not nearly as nice as the Creek Tower. Our room has always been ready when we've arrived. We usually get there around 2:00 or 3:00 p.m. but have been both earlier and later. We've never had to wait more than a few minutes to check in.

Initially, we used the valet parking but not the baggage assistance. However, after lugging our things a couple of times, we decided it made more sense to let someone with a luggage cart deliver everything to our room. Each member of the bell staff that has served us has been friendly, polite, and helpful. If it is going to take a while for them to do something, they let us know about how long it might be. The employees in the Valet department are also very helpful.

The trek from the Creek Tower to the casino is long and the return trip is uphill. There are lots of people who appear to have difficulty with the long walk. A golf cart is available as a shuttle but for only limited hours. The cart shares the same "path" as the walkers which can get crowded. It would be nice if the passageway between the hotel and the casino was made a tobacco-free area. Remove the ashtrays and maybe people will refrain from smoking. (One can only hope.)

The guys at Johnny Rockets are great. Try their pancakes for breakfast. Strawberry milkshakes have real chunks of strawberries. The cashiers never get flustered even when the lines get long. The clean-up crew tries to keep the tables and chairs clean as soon as diners leave.

Some times at the slots are better than others. Like others, I've seen smoking in the non-smoking area. I usually tell the smokers that they are in the wrong area.

Overall, I think management should hire and train more personnel for cleaning the hotel rooms and the casino. I ran my finger through the dust on a vent on the side of a $1.00 slot machine in January. As of last weekend, I could still see the track my finger made. I take packaged clean-up towelettes with me to clean the areas my hands touch on the slot machines. I play both day and night but have yet to see someone cleaning the slots machines. I consider it taking care of "my machines."

I go to play, not for the shows so I can't comment on the entertainment. Most people seem to enjoy hearing the oldies music in the elevators.

I look forward to going to Harrah's Cherokee Casino and Hotel again sometime soon. The other players are fun to meet and share our ups and downs at the slots. It is close enough to my home to be a convenient mini-vacation destination.

Room Tip: We've been upgraded to a two-bedroom suite a couple of times. If you have a problem with heights, you might not like to huge windows.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My company had a meeting at this hotel, so I had to stay there for two nights. Based on the other reviews I'd read, i wasn't too excited to stay there. As a heavy traveler, I'm used to being treated well by a hotel, and I have no status with Harrah's.

My first concern was the fitness room. I emailed our meeting coordinator at the hotel for specific information about the facility and he sent me a cut and paste paragraph from the website. On pushing him for more info or photos, he sent me a different cut and paste paragraph from the website about what the new facility would be like in the future. Since the group sales rep was no help, I called the hotel's general number and the rep was honest in saying he hadn't "been down there in a while, but I think it has a tread mill and a bike, and maybe some weights". Upon arriving, I checked out the exercise room and found it had a busted-up bike, three rough-looking treadmills, and a decent weight machine. It's a dump!

Check in was nothing extraordinary. A long line on a Monday afternoon, and an agent that wasn't warm or friendly.

The hotel room was surprisingly nice. Like everybody says -- it is a lonnnnnnggg walk from the room to anywhere else on property (which is a nice warm up when you're headed to the gym). But the mountain tower room was large, and nicely furnished.

The meeting rooms were nice and clean. The catered food for the meetings was mediocre -- baked goods were stale, coffee in the big dispenser was lukewarm.

It's really not a great place for a meeting. The campus is just not set up well for it. For example, breakfast restaurants don't open until 7 am in the morning and at night you can't run a tab at the bar, so entertaining employees is difficult.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stay at this hotel often and love it because they have always have excellent customer service. Unfortunately, when we went on April 8th, we ran across one of the rudest people I have EVER experienced. My friend and I asked for adjoining rooms at check in because our daughters were with us and wanted to spend some time together. We were told by this woman (who never even LOOKED at the computer) in a very snappy manner "we don't have any adjoining rooms"....not, "let me check" or "sorry, I don't think we have any available." We were trying to be nice to her because we could see they were busy, so instead of insisting she look, we just asked if we could at least get rooms on the same floor. All she told us was that housekeeping was running behind because they were short staffed and it may take awhile to get our rooms. So we told her that was fine, we understood that it was a holiday weekend and they were busy and that we were more than willing to wait if we could at least get rooms on the same floor. Through the entire exchange she was snappy and rude, and had an very bad attitude.....which I could have even understood (a little) if we had been making outrageous demands or complaining.....but we had simply made a very polite request in a nice way. I should have gone straight to a manager because I knew this wasn't their normal way of treating customers, but I was so upset by the time we were done dealing with her that I was afraid I would cause a scene.....I don't expect to be treated like royalty, but at least treat us like human beings! I didn't even get her name: I wish I had.
Less than an hour later we got a call saying our rooms were ready and thought that maybe being nice had done us some good. :-) Nope; when we went back to check in were told they were on separate floors. She hadn't even tried to accomodate our request.
However, the young man we dealt with this time, Brandon, was fantastic. People like him are the reason we love this hotel so much; he provided great, friendly service.The woman we dealt with first could take some lessons from him! He chatted pleasantly with us while he searched for rooms on the same floor, then after a minute or two told us he had found some not only on the same floor, but could get them adjoining if we were willing to wait a few hours until they were ready - which we had said we were willing to do in the first place.True to his word, a few hours later we got our adjoining rooms and he apologized for our wait. Once we were checked in, everything was great as usual....comfortable, clean rooms and great service.
Harrah's should thank this young man for making what could have been a very bad review into a positive one. Kudos Brandon!

Room Tip: Avoid the snappy blonde woman with the sour expression at the front desk if you have any special requests.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends