21,011 results
All reviewscreek towerruth chrisfood courtget awaytable gamesslot machinesnon smokingcasino floorgreat casinonorth carolinadiamond loungebriomountainsdealerscompsplayersjackpot
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My company had a meeting at this hotel, so I had to stay there for two nights. Based on the other reviews I'd read, i wasn't too excited to stay there. As a heavy traveler, I'm used to being treated well by a hotel, and I have no status with Harrah's.

My first concern was the fitness room. I emailed our meeting coordinator at the hotel for specific information about the facility and he sent me a cut and paste paragraph from the website. On pushing him for more info or photos, he sent me a different cut and paste paragraph from the website about what the new facility would be like in the future. Since the group sales rep was no help, I called the hotel's general number and the rep was honest in saying he hadn't "been down there in a while, but I think it has a tread mill and a bike, and maybe some weights". Upon arriving, I checked out the exercise room and found it had a busted-up bike, three rough-looking treadmills, and a decent weight machine. It's a dump!

Check in was nothing extraordinary. A long line on a Monday afternoon, and an agent that wasn't warm or friendly.

The hotel room was surprisingly nice. Like everybody says -- it is a lonnnnnnggg walk from the room to anywhere else on property (which is a nice warm up when you're headed to the gym). But the mountain tower room was large, and nicely furnished.

The meeting rooms were nice and clean. The catered food for the meetings was mediocre -- baked goods were stale, coffee in the big dispenser was lukewarm.

It's really not a great place for a meeting. The campus is just not set up well for it. For example, breakfast restaurants don't open until 7 am in the morning and at night you can't run a tab at the bar, so entertaining employees is difficult.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stay at this hotel often and love it because they have always have excellent customer service. Unfortunately, when we went on April 8th, we ran across one of the rudest people I have EVER experienced. My friend and I asked for adjoining rooms at check in because our daughters were with us and wanted to spend some time together. We were told by this woman (who never even LOOKED at the computer) in a very snappy manner "we don't have any adjoining rooms"....not, "let me check" or "sorry, I don't think we have any available." We were trying to be nice to her because we could see they were busy, so instead of insisting she look, we just asked if we could at least get rooms on the same floor. All she told us was that housekeeping was running behind because they were short staffed and it may take awhile to get our rooms. So we told her that was fine, we understood that it was a holiday weekend and they were busy and that we were more than willing to wait if we could at least get rooms on the same floor. Through the entire exchange she was snappy and rude, and had an very bad attitude.....which I could have even understood (a little) if we had been making outrageous demands or complaining.....but we had simply made a very polite request in a nice way. I should have gone straight to a manager because I knew this wasn't their normal way of treating customers, but I was so upset by the time we were done dealing with her that I was afraid I would cause a scene.....I don't expect to be treated like royalty, but at least treat us like human beings! I didn't even get her name: I wish I had.
Less than an hour later we got a call saying our rooms were ready and thought that maybe being nice had done us some good. :-) Nope; when we went back to check in were told they were on separate floors. She hadn't even tried to accomodate our request.
However, the young man we dealt with this time, Brandon, was fantastic. People like him are the reason we love this hotel so much; he provided great, friendly service.The woman we dealt with first could take some lessons from him! He chatted pleasantly with us while he searched for rooms on the same floor, then after a minute or two told us he had found some not only on the same floor, but could get them adjoining if we were willing to wait a few hours until they were ready - which we had said we were willing to do in the first place.True to his word, a few hours later we got our adjoining rooms and he apologized for our wait. Once we were checked in, everything was great as usual....comfortable, clean rooms and great service.
Harrah's should thank this young man for making what could have been a very bad review into a positive one. Kudos Brandon!

Room Tip: Avoid the snappy blonde woman with the sour expression at the front desk if you have any special requests.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank covermeimgoingin
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Just got back from a quick trip to Cherokee. Hubby and I were in the Soco Tower, near the elevator, and it was a very spacious and clean room. The bathroom also was huge, with a separate area for the commode. That was a nice touch.
The casino slots were very good to us, and we had a blast. We ate at the buffet one night and got a slight discount by using our player's club card. The buffet was delicious! I especially loved their bread pudding with warm vanilla sauce - YUM!
Being as we were only there two days, we spent most of our time in the casino. Both hubby and I actually came out ahead. I could've stayed longer, but had to get home.
In short - we will be back! Great trip, hospitality, room and scenery.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Soco Tower - a little bit of a walk, but very nice.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Its a great casino I highly reccommend it been there once can't wait to go back never been to a casino til we stayed in cherokee and went I absolutely loved it very addicting u get in that place its like u can't leave lol if you've never been to a casino try it out you will love it I did!! :)

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed in the Creek Tower which is the new one. The rooms are not being kept up as they should be. The tables have glass tops and it looks like they never clean them underneath. The beds were comfortable. These rooms only have showers and unless you get handicap accessible, there's no seat or nothing to prop your leg on if you're a woman who still shaves your legs. They leave no shower caps in the rooms either. The tv doesn't have many channels to choose from. I guess that's because they want you to gamble but some of us can only gamble so much and we become tired. I know a lot of people put down the restaurants in the casino but I ate breakfast at Peter's out in Cherokee and it was no better than anything I've eaten in the casino, just less expensive but you have to drive there and wait forever or at least we did.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple