“Nice little motel right on the river”
Review of Riverside Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cherokee
Riverside Motel
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice little motel right on the river”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Surprise! That's how I felt when I got to my room and looked right out on the trout stream running through Cherokee. The room had a comfortable king size bed and was clean and neat. The really cool thing was a high table with two stool chairs sitting right in front of big window over looking the stream. I was upstairs and most of the trout fisherman were down stairs. The stream there is stocked by the Cherokee and is controlled by them. A permit is required but looked like a good deal considering the number of fish being caught.

The rate was great, nearly 25% less than the chains in area.

I went to the casino and didn't get in until 2 AM. Slept like a baby until 10 AM. Peaceful, quiet and did I mention the view of the stream. I'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: Upstairs has the best view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
8 Thank Jim C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New Lexington, Ohio
Reviewed 2 August 2010

just speaking of about my stay-rooms were great,beds were best we slept on all week.very clean.didnt look best when we pulled in to hotel ,but loved it once we got to rooms.we was only gonna stay 1 night but loved the atmosphere,so we stayed another.we used to stay at the quality/comfort inn in cherokee,but after this week,we will go back to riverside.we have been all over the U.S.A. on motorcycles and felt very at home here.watching the people trout fish from our balcony was relaxing.the people running the place were very nice.im from ohio and dont know any of the owners or workers,this is just my expierience.ive never rated a hotel,but me and 3 other couples on motercycles loved it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank troy50732
salibury
Reviewed 3 July 2010

this may be considered by some as a low end motel but the family that owns it go out of thier way to make your experiance with them enjoyable. The atmoshpere outside the hotel is very charming. The stonework along the riverside is awesome. This is a great motel for families on a budget. We will return. As a matter of fact, we have reservations for today and will be checking in a few hours from now to spend the Fourth of july weekend. Where else could you get nice clean rooms, beautiful scenery and close proximity to the casino for $89 per nite on a holiday weekend?

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jc72454wildone
satisfied
Reviewed 8 April 2010

Me and my family have been comeing to this motel for yrs. We where surprised to find out they have new furniture, mattress, and a new paint job........There fixing it up little by little and it looks great....

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank satisfied94
north carolina
Reviewed 7 July 2009

We arrived at Riverside Motel, it wasn't the best looking but we figured hey it's the mountains and alot of places aren't fancy. As we proceeded on to our room we noticed the door was kicked in, the room smelled, there was no fridge(we were told there was), it was just a complete dump. My husband went to the office to ask for our money back and they tried to keep half of the money, my husband insisted not and they refunded our full amount. Although I am dealing with my credit card company right now b/c the refund isn't showing up but hopefully it will in the next day or so, We ended up going to the Drama Inn which was much nicer, people were friendly and it was very convinient to lots of things to do.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Cherokee hotels