All reviewsm clubrecent renovationsroom updatesoutdoor shopping areaevening appetizersmall across the streetrooms are beautifulinfused waterhardwood floorsthe concierge loungeaaa ratelocation is greatsouth parkdesperate needfire pitlarge tvtwo queen beds
Reviewed 30 September 2017

I have come to this hotel for many years and it has been a bit run down for a while. Now the rooms have been given a really nice upgrade. They are very modern, huge TV with a great set of channels.
The bar and dining room still need to be overhauled, but the staff is friendly and helpful so still nice to be there.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank esbech
Kris H, General Manager at Charlotte Marriott SouthPark, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

esbech,

Thank you so much for coming back and giving us another chance! We are so very proud of our new room product and delighted that you felt the same way.

Hope to see you again on your next trip to SouthPark.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

With our recent stay on vacation at this hotel the staff neglected to inform us that management cancelled maid service for three days! Even asking the front desk to have the room cleaned, and then it wasn't,
there was no one from the staff that informed us of this. Maybe they should of reduced the room rates to elect this.

Qoftravel

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank QofTravel
Reviewed 20 September 2017

The hotel is newly renovated and rather than carpeting in the room, there was Pergo-type flooring. As an allergy sufferer, I really appreciated this "easier-to-clean" flooring.

Room was bright, modern but not sterile, and very comfortable.

Good desk for working.

Great bed.

Room had a small frig.

The M club puts this hotel over the top for me. One thing I struggle with when I am traveling frequently for business is getting enough fruits and vegetables. The evening appetizers one night included grilled baby vegetables - they were outstanding. The second night had cut up veggies with a delicious dip. Breakfast offered steel-cut oats with fresh berries. There is a small frig stocked with fruit/veggie smoothies. I think the servers in the M club were the hardest working people in the hotel and did a fantastic job.

The hotel is located in a maze-like office park but is very close to the restaurants and Whole Foods in South Park.

The only drawbacks were the free WiFi was slow and dropped signal a few times and check-in at the front desk was excruciatingly slow. The front desk could do a much better job.

I've already booked my next stay.

Room Tip: top floor is lovely
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

CTWasp,

As we pride ourselves on providing our guests with a clean, well appointed, memorable hotel and it seems like we hit the mark during your stay.

I appreciate your time in sharing your experience and look forward to having you in the future.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

This was a great Marriott property that had a lot of character. The rooms were really uniquely decorated (in a good way) and you could tell that everything had been recently renovated. The M Club lounge had a nice array of food and drink items throughout the day. The room was clean and had everything we needed. All staff was profesional and responded to requests quickly. There was a noise disturbance on our floor around 11 pm and staff dealt with the issue quickly. All in all a great stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 630drew

630drew

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community. We are so proud that enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Don't book here. I asked for a quiet room. I ended up with an adjoining room that was like an echo chamber of the people next door, plus loud hallway neighbors. It got quieter, until someone next door started vomiting...and continued for over ten minutes. I called the front desk, and their reply was 'that is not in our control or theirs.' So I went down and asked to be moved (the vomiting hadn't stopped), and again suggested a welfare check (saw no evidence of that). Moving a guest away from that situation is certainly within the control of the front desk-- or it should be. Simply a grudging apology-- no sincerity, no offer of breakfast, no room upgrade, no real apology for the disruptions. The general manager doesn't take direct calls or emails. Apparently, her assistant will be in in the morning. No direct contact information was provided for either.

In addition, in the morning the housekeeper completely ignored my do not disturb sign, knocking until I answered. And when informed them, the front desk could not have cared less.

The manager and her assistant never appeared, never tried to contact me in the morning-- so either they never heard I asked for them, or just didn't care. Either way, poor management.

Now, perhaps this is because I booked and paid through a third party. But guests should be treated with basic friendliness and hospitality no matter what, and Marriott should be several steps up from basic. It definitely wasn't worth the 'deal' price I paid. I would never stay with this Marriott again, and after last night I won't be choosing the brand again soon elsewhere.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business