Staff - every single person, bar none - were incredibly helpful, friendly, and always had smiles on their faces.
I checked in early and "my" room wasn't ready, but they "found" me a room on the 6th floor, which was fine.
Cleanliness - excellent!
Bed - comfortable!
Conference services - good.
Why not five stars?
1. No in-room safe. Unless it was so well-hidden I couldn't find it. This is a problem.
2. Traffic noise. Yes, I understand Charlotte is a busy city. But my room faced Trade Street, which seemed inordinately busy and is obviously a main route for police cars, ambulances, and fire trucks. Additionally, it's right across the street from a Hooters - with outdoor (on the sidewalk) seating. And Hooters-goers apparently party late into the night. And loudly. With much gusto. Not sure what the hotel could do about this - I'm sure all-new windows/extra glazing would be cost prohibitive.
3. Spotty Internet connection.
I'd stay here again, but only if I could request a non-street-side room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bringing new polish to a building filled with history and character, Charlotte Marriott(R) City Center is breaking the mold of hotel design with a residential-style aesthetic. Our Charlotte, NC, hotel's reinvented style draws the Charlotte community into dynamic, tech-enabled public spaces perfect for connectivity and integration. Our fresh, open-design approach to the traditional hotel lobby features a coffee social hub with locally sourced coffee, unique retail and limited-edition food selections. Stoke, a community-inspired dining experience with an immersive kitchen, places guests in the center of the action. We've tailored our guest room designs with inventive solutions, and our new fitness concept goes beyond the ordinary with more than 600 on-demand workouts and state-of-the-art equipment. Foster collaboration and harness the ingenuity of your group in 20,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, including our new Event Hub with high-end technology enhancements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Charlotte Marriott City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charlotte Marriott City Hotel Charlotte
- Marriott Charlotte