1,769 results
All reviews man made lake lake view the executive lounge small lake charlotte university family reunion shopping and restaurants business trip very nice hotel valet parking parking lot conference wedding banquet concert interstate
Reviewed 7 September 2016

I cannot say enough about the Hilton Charlotte University Place! I stayed here a couple of years ago and it was a nice place, great location. But my last stay (August 10-14, 2016) was the absolute best place for my wedding. From the time, I started planning back in May up until the actual day, the process was seamless. My wedding specialist, Katelyn Freeman, was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! She was the ultimate professional and the sweetest person you could ever work with. She made planning the wedding from afar (literally across the country) effortless. Upon checking into the hotel, the staff was super accommodating and made sure everything I needed was taken care of. The hotel was completely sold out and was hosting several events and reunion but the staff was friendly and went out of there way to assist my husband and all of our guests (as if we were the only ones there). The rooms were clean and comfortable and property is well kept. The area itself has lots to offer and is easily accessible to eateries, shopping, and the freeway. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel and location for any and all occasions.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Marieta B, Guest Loyalty Manager at Hilton Charlotte University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Dear Valued Guest,
Congratulations on your wedding! That is a very exciting time and we were delighted to hear that everything was perfect for your special day. Yes, we agree that Katelyn is a wonderful and amazing wedding specialist. We were also glad to hear that our entire staff made you feel welcome and met all your needs while you and your guests were here. Hats off to our entire team and to our housekeeping team for making sure your rooms were clean and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again for your anniversary.
Hilton Charlotte university Place

Reviewed 6 September 2016

Overall the hotel was good. The room and lobby area were clean. You can start to see the wear and tear throughout the hall area. The only thing is I wish I had known it was a wedding depot. There was a wedding there everyday of our visit. We came for a relaxing weekend and people were everywhere for that reason I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Larissa C,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. As a Silver HHonors member, you are among our most valued guests. The summer time is our high peak season for weddings and family reunions and we are winding down the season now that school is back in session. We are still in the process of renovating our hotel to offer a better product for our guests. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

Hotel room was nosey and in need of repair. A/C unit was loud and the tub faucet dripped all night. I was not made aware of their Make It Right policy. Would have excepted better quality for a Hilton. The conference center was nice and convenient. The food was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Jamie L,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy with your room condition, with the HVAC unit in this room being very loud. We are in the process of fixing our HVAC units to offer a better product for our guests. I know that we have been corresponding privately and thank you for giving me an opportunity to turn your experience around and Make It Right.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

I’m in Charlotte often but this was the first time I’ve stayed at the University Hilton.

Great stay! May be one of Charlotte’s best kept secrets….very friendly staff at check-in. Clean, spacious room. Comfy beds. Fridge, Microwave. Plenty of electrical outlets close to bed. The Peter Thomas Roth hair and body products were an added bonus. Floor length mirrors always win me over – a small but much needed amenity that many hotels miss.

I didn’t use the fitness center but checked it out. Spacious center, multiple treadmills, hand weights…..The outdoor pool area was a pleasant surprise. Plenty of lounge chairs and cabanas overlooking the shopping village.

Food and shopping in walking distance. Multiple chain restaurants in short driving distance. About 20 minutes from Downtown Charlotte and Panthers Stadium. About 15-20 minutes from Northlake Mall and additional restaurant choices. About 20-30 minutes from Airport.

Great stay, would definitely come back.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Marieta B, Guest Loyalty Manager at Hilton Charlotte University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Dear Late_Bloomer09,
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. We were delighted you enjoyed your stay. It is our goal that every guest have the ultimate stay experience and we were delighted to hear our front desk staff took great care of you. We were also glad to hear you found our brand new mattresses comfortable and the rooms were clean and spacious and that you enjoyed the Peter Thomas Roth hair and body products in each room. We were also glad to hear you found our hotel location conveniently located to many shops and restaurants and malls and the airport. We look forward to you continuing to choose the Hilton Charlotte University Place as your "must stay" location.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

My stay at the beautiful Hilton Charlotte University Place was a dream stay do to the impeccable support from, Mrs.Reema !! The customer care this associate displayed doing my time spent at this Hilton will most certainly align the Hilton properties the preferred living quarters for all my Business and all other needs for quality lodging !!

Room Tip: Higher floors offer upscale and offers rooms with lake views
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for giving us your 5-Star review of your recent stay. We were delighted that Reema went above and beyond to meet and exceed your expectations. We are very glad to have her part of our team, and she consistently delivers excellent customer service. We look forward to you continuing to choose the Hilton Charlotte University Place as your "must stay" location.