1,784 results
All reviews man made lake lake view the executive lounge small lake charlotte university family reunion shopping and restaurants business trip very nice hotel parking lot conference wedding concert bellman valet interstate
Reviewed 6 September 2016

Hotel room was nosey and in need of repair. A/C unit was loud and the tub faucet dripped all night. I was not made aware of their Make It Right policy. Would have excepted better quality for a Hilton. The conference center was nice and convenient. The food was excellent.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Marieta B, Guest Loyalty Manager at Hilton Charlotte University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Dear Jamie L,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy with your room condition, with the HVAC unit in this room being very loud. We are in the process of fixing our HVAC units to offer a better product for our guests. I know that we have been corresponding privately and thank you for giving me an opportunity to turn your experience around and Make It Right.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

I’m in Charlotte often but this was the first time I’ve stayed at the University Hilton.

Great stay! May be one of Charlotte’s best kept secrets….very friendly staff at check-in. Clean, spacious room. Comfy beds. Fridge, Microwave. Plenty of electrical outlets close to bed. The Peter Thomas Roth hair and body products were an added bonus. Floor length mirrors always win me over – a small but much needed amenity that many hotels miss.

I didn’t use the fitness center but checked it out. Spacious center, multiple treadmills, hand weights…..The outdoor pool area was a pleasant surprise. Plenty of lounge chairs and cabanas overlooking the shopping village.

Food and shopping in walking distance. Multiple chain restaurants in short driving distance. About 20 minutes from Downtown Charlotte and Panthers Stadium. About 15-20 minutes from Northlake Mall and additional restaurant choices. About 20-30 minutes from Airport.

Great stay, would definitely come back.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Marieta B, Guest Loyalty Manager at Hilton Charlotte University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Dear Late_Bloomer09,
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. We were delighted you enjoyed your stay. It is our goal that every guest have the ultimate stay experience and we were delighted to hear our front desk staff took great care of you. We were also glad to hear you found our brand new mattresses comfortable and the rooms were clean and spacious and that you enjoyed the Peter Thomas Roth hair and body products in each room. We were also glad to hear you found our hotel location conveniently located to many shops and restaurants and malls and the airport. We look forward to you continuing to choose the Hilton Charlotte University Place as your "must stay" location.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

My stay at the beautiful Hilton Charlotte University Place was a dream stay do to the impeccable support from, Mrs.Reema !! The customer care this associate displayed doing my time spent at this Hilton will most certainly align the Hilton properties the preferred living quarters for all my Business and all other needs for quality lodging !!

Room tip: Higher floors offer upscale and offers rooms with lake views
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for giving us your 5-Star review of your recent stay. We were delighted that Reema went above and beyond to meet and exceed your expectations. We are very glad to have her part of our team, and she consistently delivers excellent customer service. We look forward to you continuing to choose the Hilton Charlotte University Place as your "must stay" location.

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

We arrived from Charlotte Airport at 8pm. A very cheerful and friendly Jasmine checked us in. We were given a room on the 9th Floor at the broadwalk end of the building. As Diamond member, we also have access to the Executive Lounge, which closes at 9pm.

Our room was spacious and has a perfect view of the Broadwalk around the artificial lake and the surroundings. The room was very clean, as was the bathroom, although the bathroom was quite small -a one person bathroom, but similar to a couple of other USA Hiltons, but about one third smaller than those of the Garden Inns and Hampton Inns.
Our bed was very comfortable, we had good sleeps. There was no desk lamp in our room, but we can move the corner lamp stand to the desk for use as a substitute.

The lounge was very nice and compact. We were late, but we were able to get a couple of sodas and had a nice chat with Sherry, the hostess. The windows also face the broadwalk and lake.

We then had a stroll in the balmy heat around the broadwalk, before returning to our room for the night. There were dozens of people in the area enjoying the night.

We had breakfast in the groundfloor restaurant, a large restaurant with views of the lake. Quality of the food and the service was very good.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marieta B, Guest Loyalty Manager at Hilton Charlotte University Place, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear HL,
Thank you for giving us a 5-Star review of your recent stay. We were delighted to hear that Jasmine gave you a warm welcome when you checked-in. That is the where your awesome experience should begin, right when you walk in and Jasmine is a shining example of how we deliver excellent customer service. As a Diamond member, you are one of our highly valued guests and we were delighted to hear you also enjoyed the Executive Lounge and that Sherry also provided great service to you. Hats off to our housekeeping staff for providing clean rooms for our guests. We were glad to hear you enjoyed our brand new mattresses. We were also glad to hear you enjoyed your breakfast experience and hats off to our culinary staff for providing delicious meals. We look forward to you continuing to choose the Hilton Charlotte University Place as your "must stay" location.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

I booked this hotel based on my previous experience with this chain, and I am happy to report that my expectations were not only met; they were exceeded!!!

But before I go any further, let me give kudos to a couple of the associates that I was so fortunate to have interacted with. I arrived in Charlotte quite a bit earlier than "normal" check in time. So I called the hotel to see if there was any possibility that a room may be ready for me to check in early. The nice lady that I spoke to, whose name is "Reema", told me to hold the line while she checked. When she returned to the phone, she informed me that they indeed had a room ready, and that I could come over at my convenience! All I can say to that is...WOW!

So, I get there, "early", and when I get to the counter, I am warmly greeted by "Reema"! She got me squared away, gave me a couple of bottles of water, and a sweet treat of some sort, and off I went. Kudos to this chain for having great folks like "Reema" representing their brand. BTW, after I commented on her name, she informed me that her name meant "water from heaven"....how cool is that, right?

Also, later that evening, when I prepared to attend the event for which I was in town, it began to rain something fierce. I went to the counter to ask the nice lady, "Jasmine", if she could tell me the nearest place that I could go and purchase an umbrella. To my surprise, "Jasmine" reached under the front desk, and loaned me one of their umbrellas. And again, I am "Wowed"! I did not expect that, but, it saved me some time and a few bucks.

Now, on to my room. My room was very nice, and I even had a great view of "The Boardwalk" just below. The bed and pillows were quite comfortable. The A/C worked as expected and I had no complaints about the shower/tub/bathroom. I had more than enough room and I felt right at home. There was even a microwave in the room! That may not mean much to others, but this is a big positive for me!

There were only two things that were an "issue" for me, and if not for these two things, I would have given a perfect, 5 star, rating. First, the walls are evidently very thin. There must have been a very large family in the room right next to me. I could hear every word of every person in that room. Sure, they were overly loud, but even when they weren't, I did not expect to have heard them, or anyone else for that matter.

Second, as a person who loves to watch television, there was not an interactive guide for the listings. Now, I realize this may not be a function of the hotel per se, but I thought it was worth mentioning. I called down to inquire and I was told that there was a television listing in book on the desk in the room. And yes, there was one, but, it did not fully correspond to what was on the channels on the television.

Other positives were that the hotel was in an excellent location for me! Very nearby, there were really good restaurants, a shopping mall, Bass Pro Shops, and great golf too! (Rocky River Golf Club was very near and it was top shelf, IMHO).

Oh, and let me mention this too. The last meeting that I had, actually was scheduled to end after the "normal" check out time. I spoke to "Jasmine" at the front desk and she worked with me to secure a "late check out time". This allowed me time to come back to my room after my last meeting, and to shower in preparation to returning home. So again, I am "Wowed"!!!

This was my first visit to Charlotte, but if I am ever afforded the opportunity to visit there again, I would definitely make this my first choice for accommodations.

Room tip: Request a room with a view of "The Boardwalk"...I thought that was pretty nice to see!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear ATL_Everett,
Thank you for your awesome review of your recent stay. We were very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff met and exceeded your expectations. We were delighted to hear that Reema and Jasmine, our two front desk associates made you feel welcome from the very beginning of your stay all the way to the end at check-out. They are very passionate about greeting guests and giving them the ultimate stay experience. We were glad to hear that you enjoyed the many amenities our hotel has to offer and that you found our brand new mattresses comfortable. I was sorry to hear that the guests in the next room were loud and we have tv listings in each guest room for your convenience. We look forward to you continuing to choose the Hilton Charlotte University Place as your "must stay" location.
Hilton Charlotte Universitsy Place