1,769 results
All reviews man made lake lake view the executive lounge small lake charlotte university family reunion shopping and restaurants business trip very nice hotel valet parking parking lot conference wedding banquet concert interstate
Reviewed 21 May 2012

For 5 years, I have placed my athletic programs and staff at the Hilton Charlotte University Place Hotel. The sales staff is the BEST GROUP OF PROFESSIONALS (John Noonan, Rich Shoener, and Erin Brown) I have every worked with in the hotel industry and that is why I continue to use this property. The property’s customer service is ALWAYS GREAT, the food is OUTSTANDING (catered or eating in the hotel restaurant), and the PROPERTY IS IN A BEAUTIFUL CONVENIENT LOCATION!!! Visitors can walk around the lake, shop, relax in the lobby area; it is just AMAZING. And if you choose not to eat in the hotel, there are at least 30 restaurants in a 5 minute radius, and several in walking distance. I just actually visited the property this past week, and they have renovated the pool area adding beautiful furniture, an outdoor fire pit, sitting area with a television, a bar….it is AMAZING!!! They actually had a pool photo shoot going on at the time I visited the location.

The absolute best part about staying at this property is that everyone is so helpful, and they remember me every time I walk through those doors which makes you feel appreciated and right at home. You should definitely want to stay at this property the next time you visit Charlotte and I unquestionably recommend this property without any hesitation!

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Celebrated my mother's 80th birthday at the hotel with our family membersand her friends from as far as California, Georgia, Missouri, Texas and Illinois. Our rooms were upgraded to the Executive floors which was a great surprise to our guests. There were no complaints from 50+ guests - nothing but praise for the staff from the time we enter the Valet stand to hotel registration to the housekeeping staff. Every venue the hotel offered - nothing but the best customer service from everyone. We did a luncheon for my mother at the hotel. From the first phone call to the Banquet Director and all of her help with the planning to the banquet staff the day of the event was nothing but "first class". I am an event planner by profession and I must say it was a pleasure working with this hotel site for my mother's milestone celebration. Everyone was very helpful and accommodated every need when possible. Our family and friends were all impressed with their stay, the location of the hotel and the curteousness of the staff. BRAVO!!!!

Room Tip: I have stayed here numerous times. There is no bad room in the hotel. I always get lake view. City view is nice also. Needed a few handicap rooms and there were plenty at this hotel site.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I just attended an NSTTAC conference and stayed for four nights. I have gluten, dairy,egg, soy, and nut allergies so I alerted the chef ahead of time; he was very responsive to my request. I was also contacted by Erin Brown, Director of Convention Services.

Not only did they provide gluten-free options for me during the entire conference, but the staff did it with kindness and a smile. One of the staff would bring out my "allergy plate" for each meal. For example, they provided salad with chicken breast, gluten-free bread for my turkey sandwich, vegie chips, and sausage with gluten-free bun I added salads and fresh vegies from the salad bar and never went hungry---although wished I could have eaten the wonderful looking food choices and luscious desserts they were also serving to the rest of the NSTTAC attendees.

Room Tip: Choose executive suite rooms and ask for a room with a view of the lake--floor to ceiling windows. This also grants access to the executive lounge for wonderful continental breakfast and Wed. evening hors d'heurves.
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Recently stayed there for the second time for a conference. The hotel is out in the University Park section of Charlotte, which is 10+ miles from downtown. Luckily the area features many shops and dining options situated around the hotel. The hotel itself is very nice, with clean rooms, and an excellent staff. If you are doing business near UNC Charlotte I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Executive Level. They will give them out if available.
1  Thank TrickTaylor
Reviewed 5 May 2012

stayed here on business for 3 nights, no complaints! very attentive staff, comfortable room (esp the bedding), clean large room, and quiet. Room service was good and prompt, albiet expensive aren't they all?). Was nice to stay in a classy hotel for once!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business