“A special and delicious evening at Zink”
Review of Zink American Kitchen - CLOSED

Zink American Kitchen
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Morrison Ave.
Description: Zink. American Kitchen, located in The Village at SouthPark, offers a hip, urban vibe in the heart of the city’s SouthPark neighborhood. Featuring a unique menu of traditional American comfort food with a twist, Zink brings back to the table some old favorites – like Lobster Mac n’ Cheese and Streetside Tacos – along with some innovative new dishes from Executive Chef, Jon Fortes and Chef de Cuisine, Thomas Marlow. Hickory Grilled Brick Chicken, Wood Fired Flatbreads and the Kansas City Bone-in Strip Steak are just a few of the new flavor profiles you’ll be craving along with great dishes from our wood-fired oven. Pull up a seat and enjoy the best of domestic beer, wine, cocktails and infusions at our 30-foot "zinc" bar. Or, seek out Zink’s expansive patio and relax while enjoying the bustling views of the SouthPark scene.
Reviewed 6 December 2011

There were 10 of us and reservations had been arranged for the "Feed Me Chef" dinner experience. It was an outstanding dinner, with great service, wines and food presentation.
We were first asked by one of the chefs, if we had any food allergies and if we preferred our food spicy or not spicy and etc. Some of us had wine pairing with each coarse and others did not. We started with shaved asparagus, with lemon and a quail egg on top. It was outstanding. Fresh grouper on cauliflower, squab over kale and filet over roasted vegetables. Pretzel bread followed by French macaroons. Such a beautiful dinner is difficult to describe if not a chef.

We sat at the bar and I was fascinated watching all the food prepped, cooked, served at such a steady pace. The meatloaf, fish, tacos, flatbread pizzas and cheeseburgers looked outstanding. I look forward to returning to try something else. We were at the bar for this particular "Chef Dinner". There are many tables if you choose not to do this.

This Harpers Group dining spot has much to offer. Pleasant employees, delicious food served with their own interpretation, and reasonable prices for all that you get! Cannot ask for more!

Reviewed 3 December 2011

For fine dining, Zink isn't bad. The menu is extensive and includes everything from gourmet large plates to pizza. Food is well-prepared and fresh and the wine list provides plenty of options. Service is okay, but the wait staff is a little awkward and not entirely knowledgeable about the menu. The biggest problem with Zink is trying to figure out what type of restaurant it tries to be. It's a tad short on being a place you'd want to go for a special occasion. The variety on the menu defies classification - I had a filet and my colleague had Thai lettuce wraps. If you do go, make sure to order the hummus appetizer. Ask for the pitas made fresh with EVO. See? Hummus, pizza, filet...Thai noodles. Come on guys, pick what you want to be!

Reviewed 24 November 2011

Went to Thanksgiving dinner with my spouse and left very disappointed. My opinion is if you can't do it right you should not attempt it. A very contemporary well decorated setting which gives the appearance of good things to come. My wine did not arrive until i started into my main meal and the other waiter had to ask if i ordered wine when he brought it to me (good communication). I told him i thought he had forgotten and he said he would let management know (i think they are trained to say that to make the customer feel good because nothing came about from it). I ordered lamb and although it tasted good it was fairly cold. Never saw the waiter until I finished (either I ate it or let it sit to chill longer) and he said i must have liked it because my plate was empty. I told him to advise the chef to turn up the heat because my lamb was fairly cold (you can guess how far that got and the waiter seemed unphased by my comment). They told us that the turkey was a mix of dark and white meat. My wife ordered turkey and received three slices of white meat only (this would not have worked for me since I prefer dark turkey meat). They served three bowls of side dishes, but i had to wait for my waiter to come by to get serving spoons. Why this was not a given with the other waiter who brought the food out shows how unattentive the waite staff is. My wife and i were never asked is we wanted another drink. I am guessing so they can turn more tables in time to seat everyone. The menu had a fixed price due to the holiday but i am glad i did not spend more money on my meal. We would have spent probably much more had we gone there for a regular dinner. Even though it was a holiday the restuarant did nothing different than what they do everyday and that is prepare meals.

1  Thank VJM0085